DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some help changed my 2000 intrepid to a 3.2 put 250km with no problem
untill yesterday driving along at 110km per hour car dies like someone shut the key off. Tried to start but i assume no spark i unpluged the black engine harness closest to the rad which i think most of the wires go to the fuse box and repluged it in car fires up and runs fine happened 3 time in 2 days. I put the scanner on it had a code for no signal to pcm from crank sensor. I replaced the crank sensor because it was cheep but it stilled stalled the car has the original 2.7 computer the 3.2 is out of a 2001 maybe im loosing my 8 volt refrence? i wiggeled every wire but cant get it to stall i dont think its my
computer but any help would be great thanx ed

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,583 Posts
check the auto shutdown relay-- ive had a problem similar to this, the contacts were worn in the relay and it caused the car to cut out and have an intermittent no-start..- also check your harnesses for loose pins and corroded wires-- take the plugs apart if you have to -- check the flywheel tone ring for damage also--

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no start

do you know if the auto shut down relay is powering the crank sensor? That is the code i have the motor tranny i put in only 70 000 km but i did switch
the aut shut down rely with the fan relay yesterday seems fine so far dont think there is a problem with the flywheel did not seperate when i installed the motor you dont think its a computer problem do you? all connection look good was thinking of running 3 temp wires to crank sensor would be pretty easy to diagnose checking with a lab scope for signal to computer but hard to do on the side of the road. Just unplug that harness and plug it back in and it starts hopefull its just the relay. thanx ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, i did the swap to a 3.2 a few months ago and i have a problem were the car dies after a few min when i first start it up. but if i let it set with the key off for a min or so it will fire right back up. this only happens if the car has been setting for about 8 hour or longer. Does that sound like what yours is doing. From what i have read this is pretty common with the 3.2 and 2.7 ECM

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2001 trep that I did a 2.7-3.2 swap in about 9 months ago. I had the same problem, but it was only in the mornings after letting it sit overnight and it didn't do it every day. I found that if I let it idle for a few minutes in mornings before driving it it would run fine. After about 3 months or so the problem went away and hasnt stalled once since. I was told by a very trusted mechanic it could just be the 2.7 ECM learning to adapt to the new 3.2 engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts