DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,341 Posts
Totally different animals.

The 2.7 is DOHC timing chain driven, 3.2 is SOHC timing belt driven.

Cooling system is much better on the 3.2; 2.7 can be fine but require meticulous maintenance and a water pump upgrade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I ask is I have a 2000 with the 3.2 and it is leaking fluid from the back side of engine and checked the cabin because I thought it might be the heater core but their is no water on the carpet. I know their is a bunch of hoses back their. I filled the overflow bottle never turned on the engine next morning looking under car the moisture was at back of engine and overflow was almost empty. Checked the overflow bottle and no leaks their.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Either an O-Ring on the Lower Intake Manifold has disintegrated or a leak in the metal heater tube due to corrosion that the O-Ring seals. Coolant leaks onto the "V" of the engine and pours out the back.

Will require pulling the Intake Manifolds and Intake Plenum off to check.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,529 Posts
Here's the Mopar Part Numbers:

06505692AA 1 EGW O RING

04792185AC 1 EGW TUBE, Heater Feed

Looks like the O-Ring retails for $1.60 and the Tube for $131.00. You'll need to check with your local dealer for and accurate price but that's around ballpark pricing. There are online Mopar dealers that offer discounts but sometimes their shipping prices are retarded and put you near what you would pay at your local dealer.

Both parts are showing as available and not discontinued.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts