DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well fellas it starts off as my cousin who is car eliterate he sayes he has a 3.6 l when he has a 3.8 so he calls me out talking about he gona kill me and that he means like omg he gona beat my car by 3 or 4 cars im thinking so i tell him u will get me by very little but not much so he continue's to talk **** so i say ok lets go so we meet up at a long strip of road to handle business and this guy didnt even line up right over shot it so he reverses to line back up and we are starin from a dig and so we count down to go the asshole still has his car in p
race mode
n
d
L
and i leave ang guess were this ****ker goes haha highlight of my night so i laugh his ass out. and we start again and he dsnt kno for an auto u dnt race in freakin drive u go to low mor tourqe cus it holds the gear and less shifts so i can hear his car shift from 2-3 and im still in second and we are side by side so im like ok start from a 20 roll had to show him how to do that still side bye side i left b4 cops cam i said to myself wait till i get my intake spacer and exhaust and my tb bored im gona laugh at his ass as i pass him haha :treadmill: :treadmill: :treadmill::flamewar: :flamewar::thefinger

·
Registered
308 Posts
lol, I don't think that guy knows you can't beat someone in a race if you don't know how to drive in the first place. to tell you the truth he shoulda got you by like a car, I've driven both a gs, and a sebring 2.7l coupe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i know he shold have beatin me but i just wanted to humer him i know he dnt kno how to drive it only thing he kno is the harder u step on the peddal the faster it go iguess but i never raced sombody who tried to race in reverse i almosed pissed myself :treadmill::rollgrin:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm guessing this was a non-supercharged (pre 97) gs. Since the supercharged ones do 0-60 in 6.6 sec (same platform and drivetrain as a granprix GTP), makeing it virtually no contest even with a lousey driver as long as he actually puts it in gear (a 2.7 trep is someware around 9 sec. at best). The non-supercharged gran sports are arond 8 sec. makeing it a much closer race.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Here's some periods and commas to make your post readable for those of us who only speak English:

.......................................................................................
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Here's some periods and commas to make your post readable for those of us who only speak English:

.......................................................................................
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Thank you!

·
Registered
13,180 Posts

Thank you!
I guess that would make me X3 on that list! :clapping:

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
There's no way a 2.7's gonna touch a 3.8. My buddy's got a '99 Lesabre w/ the Series II, and it would give a regular output 3.5 a run for its money. I set my sights alot lower than the dreaded L36 or god forbid, the supercharged L67. A good Ford Vulcan 3.0 is good prey for the 2.7. Don't get it confused with the Duratec though, the Duratec is a DOHC 3.0 that will spank a 3.2 fairly easliy, so no contest w/ a 2.7. Anyways, good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
"A full stop or period (.) (sometimes stop, full point, or dot), is the punctuation mark commonly placed at the end of several different types of sentences in English and many other languages."

·
Registered
424 Posts
No, I mean its close to a 3.5ho. A series 2 3800 is more than enough for a 3.2. I've raced a couple and while i've never loss to any of them, a grand prix prix or 2 stayed maybe a car length at the most behind. I could be wrong on this, but it seems the grand prix is lighter than the monte and impala because i've never had a problem with any of those two.

·
Registered
308 Posts
No, I mean its close to a 3.5ho. A series 2 3800 is more than enough for a 3.2. I've raced a couple and while i've never loss to any of them, a grand prix prix or 2 stayed maybe a car length at the most behind. I could be wrong on this, but it seems the grand prix is lighter than the monte and impala because i've never had a problem with any of those two.
ya I think your right grand prix's seem more fiberglassy that at least the monte's

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
The Grand Prix's, Impala's and Monte Carlos all share the same GM "W" platform. The all have the same wheelbase and very similar dimensions. They all have the same tranny too, a 4 spd 4T-65E. However, the 00-05 Impala has 3 engine options. The base engine was the LA1 3.4 OHV V6 with 180 hp and 205 ft/lbs torque. A 1G with a 3.3 can beat it. I think the best time I clocked with the LA1 is 11.5 to 60. It also came with the Series II 3.8 in the LS, or L36 for you GM buffs. That put out a 0-60 time of 7.6 seconds according to MT. The last engine option was the L67,or the 3.8 Series II Supercharged. No stock or even moderately modded LH is gonna touch that. The Monte Carlo is pretty much the same as the Implala. The LS came with the 3.4, the SS with the L36, but had the option of the L67 as well, but most don't have them. The pontiac Grand Prix bucks the "W" trend for powerplants. From 2000 and onwards, they came with the 3.1 or 3.8. The 3.1 is no contest for a 2G. in 2004, when it was redesigned for its final incarnation, it had the Series III 3.8. The L26 Series III had the same output as the L36, it was just redesigned with increased reliabiltiy in mind. The Buick Regal also shared the GM "W" platform along with the car from which it was derived from, the Century. The Century came with the lethargic 3.1. The Regal came with the L36 Series II, and the Regal GS came with the L67 Series II. All in all, The Buick 3.8 is a dated engine, but it packs more of a whallop than most contemporary engines in the same vehicle class. My advice to anyone with a 2.7, or 3.2 thats alongside a 3.8 (Series II/III) at a red-light-Don't even try it. I know from personal experience with my friends Lesabre. Even with a slipping 4T-65E it smokes me without breakinga sweat.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Maybe 0-60.........but in the 1/4 mile, I've seen many of them race identical times to a 3.2L: approx 16.6

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had to get in this conversation. I just sold my 99 intrepid and bought a 1997 buick lesabre with the series2 3.8. Motorweek magazine did a test on the 97 lesabre back in 1997. They said the 0-60 times are 7.6 seconds and the quarter mile is 15.8. All i know is that my 2.7 would not hold a candle to this buick in the 0-60 times and my 2.7 ran like new.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I'll post a video soon of me racing a '99 Lesabre Limited with 110k miles and no performance upgrades to either cars. This will finally end the debate of a 2.7 vs a Series II. (If you think the 2.7 is quicker, then don't watch the upcoming vid and stay in blissfull ignorance, lol)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts