DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before I start I HAVE bought the 2.7 to 3.5 guide to do a swap! BUT Here is my questions. have a 2002 intrepid and a 2001 300. the intrepid has the old dead 2.7. the 300 has a dead trans!! SO I want to swap the 3.5 from the 300 to the intrepid. the main thing I am wondering is will the harness from the 01 300 work with the 02 dash harness from the intrepid? Any one got a set of wiring schismatics? I am just thinking that with 2 complete cars I should be able to do just about any thing to make my Intrepid road worthy again!!! And please be nice guys! I am a noob here!!!LOL

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
It sounds like you're thinking along the right lines on the harnesses (i.e., you understand that there are major electrical differences between '01 and '02). The complete wiring schematics are in the FSM's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I really don't like the look of the 300. I have my heart set on the intrepid. so I would swap in the leather interior and all. If it is needed to do it I might just go ahead and swap out the dash too it it HAS to be done.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Well I really don't like the look of the 300. I have my heart set on the intrepid. so I would swap in the leather interior and all. If it is needed to do it I might just go ahead and swap out the dash too it it HAS to be done.
Make a frankenstein 300m into an intrepid! Ha. what you are trying to have done is possible. Someone will shed some more light onto it.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
If you want to change the wiring harness, you would need to change everything:
Engine harness
Body harness
Harness from each door
Trunk harness
Instrument Cluster
TCM, PCM, BCM, skim lock and key.
If you do not change the door locks, you will end up with two keys
When you change the BCM you will inherit the mileage from the 300 (which could be good)
Also consider the 300 probably has ABS and the Trep does not so, you will end up with an ABS light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts