DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Intrepid with a 2.7L motor. The top of the bleeder housing blew itself clean off the base unit recently so the car is currently a massive paperweight.

I ordered a replacement housing which has arrived and damn if there isn't a water tube sticking off of it that goes from the front of the motor to the back of it, through a channel underneath the intake components. Looking at it, it would appear the heads have to be pulled to get enough clearance for this tube to slide in and out of the channel it is in.

Someone please tell me I am over-reading this fix and don't have to go THAT far! I've tried to find some threads about it here but can't seem to find the answer, though I am sure you guys have already addressed it at some point in the life of this forum.

I will be preparing a small tactical thermo-nuclear device for the car and quite venomous words for the 4th reich engineers who thought this design up while I await the probable bad news you will bring me........... :couto: :couto: :couto:

Thanks for letting me rant everyone and I hope I am making a mountain out of a pile of dust bunnies.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
No. I believe you can gete away with pulling the front radiator support and the upper intake plenum. The plenum has to be removed, or at least raised to clear the back two bolts of the bleeder housing. With the radiator support removed, and radiator tipped out of the way, you should have enough room to get the tube under the intake to the back of the motor. I know there are a couple of guys who have done this...hopefully they'll chime in...

BTW...welcome aboard!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts