DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2000 Chrysler Intrepid R/T - $1500

Category: Domestic

I have a one-owner 2000 Chrysler Intrepid R/T for sale, in Canada - Ontario.

Mileage: 268000 km

Asking price is $1500

2000 Chrysler Intrepid R/T. 268,000 km mileage - mostly highway. The car is still being driven every day, so no problems with test drives. Simply don't have time to work on our LH cars with a small kid now, so sold the Special, and now R/T is for sale.

Yes, mileage is in KM, so 268,000 km = 167,000 miles.

*** $100 to someone who can find me a buyer ***

Located in Toronto, ON, Canada.

Good:
- 3.5 HO 245HP engine works like a charm. Mobil1 synthetic oil and K&N oil filters used since day 1.
- Autostick transmission works perfectly.
- Power everything - locks, windows, moon roof.
- CD player works great.
- Brand new front brake rotors and pads.
- Timing belt replaced at 170,000 km.
- Water pump replaced less than 10,000 km ago.
- 17" R/T rims with Michelin Pilot A/S tires in very good condition.
- no accidents, just a few scratches.
- One owner car.

Upgrades:
- Dual exhaust from Chrysler 300m Special Edition.
- Leather interior from Chrysler 300m.

Extras:
- Set of 16" alloy rims with winter tires on them - Michelin Pilot Alpin (tires have max. 1 season left on them).
- Will also include extra transmission from Chrysler 300m Special (17,000 km on it) - the only thing that it needs is valve body gasket replaced (I used valve body on my other Chrysler, but did not use the actual transmission, so it has been seating in storage since 2006).
Bad:
- Needs new front struts, steering arms and bushings.
- A/C is leaking, so leak needs to be fixed and recharged.
- Rust in rear wheel wells and on the hood (see photos).
- Exhaust will need some welding work.

Price: $1500 or best offer

Condition: AS IS - it will need front suspension and steering work for safety. Passed emission test last year with no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still here. New car is on the driveway, so this one is sitting in the garage on trickle charger. No one in Ontario wants an R/T?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, market up here sucks. Took me forever to sell the Special, and now the same problem with R/T. I will lower the price even more just to get rid of it, but if it doesn't sell in a few months, I'll just have to find time to fix up the front end, and make it our winter car (considering that my main ride is a Subaru lol).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
$1400. Probably a deal for our American friends south of the border too, as Canadian dollar is currently running at 88 cents US, so that would make this car just over a grand US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BCNexus, total if buying parts from US stores, around $500-600 in parts. Parts are fairly easy to change yourself if you're so inclined, otherwise have to pay for labour.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last price drop. $1300 CDN = ~$1100 USD nowadays. If it doesn't sell, I'll try to part it out a bit, and then pull the rest to the crushers. Good car, really can't keep it in the garage - it takes up the whole garage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still can't sell it for 1300. Locals don't even come to see the car... I'm not going to part it out, but it's taking our entire 1-car garage :(

We take her out for a drive once a month, otherwise it's just sitting there on a trickle charger.

Some pics from last month:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't make myself to part this car. It was easier to part with Special than this one. I guess if it doesn't sell by fall, I'll rebuild the front end and drive it again...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was told I have time until mid-fall to get rid of this car. So still $1300 CDN / $1000 USD, or trade for something smaller of similar value, so I can have space in the garage.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,385 Posts
Why does it have to sit in the garage/ Can't it be left outside with a car cover on it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because there are already two cars in the driveway, and it's basically going to be a giant snowbank come winter.
I have an offer from the wrecker. They will let me take the 300m seats and R/T wheels, but it's still giving away this car. I'm honestly hoping to find someone who will appreciate it. If not, so be it. I completely don't have time to work on the car with my current work load and small kid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sold for a bag of peanuts. And I also gave the guy an almost new Special transmission with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts