DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my step-dad has a 2000 ES, and apparently on firday it went limp. He jsut started it and it wouldn't shift past 2nd, he tried autosticking it to no-avail.... he says he went to AZ to egt the CEL scanned and it said something about incorrect gear ratios, so, he had it towed to a tranny shop, he says that it didn't have any other weird symptoms (ie, he ahd tach and speedo, etc.) and I didn't get a chance to take a look........... so, what are the symptoms of limp mode, what should I be looking at if I take a loo at it

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Do the key on/off procedure from the "how to" section to pull the fault codes before you go any further or buy any parts.

let us know what you find and we'll go from there, altough it does sound like one of the input/output sensors.

pull the fault codes, it should tell you.

cheers

BJ

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
like I said, I can't get to it anytime soon and the tranny shop will probably un-plug the battery anyways, bye-bye fault codes, I was assuming a I/O speed sensor, but, with a working tach/speedo etc, I didn't think that's be the issue, he said when he went to AZ, the OBDII scanner said something about incorrect gear ratios, would that be caused by an input or output speed sensor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.