DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced the engine with a 3.5 engine out of a 2002 Concorde. Now it won't start - all electronics have been switched back to the 2000 electronics. My question is about the left head timing cam sprocket - is there a difference between the sprocket for a 2000 3.5 and the 2002 3.5? It's about my third time going through all of the checks on electrically connectors and I know there is spark and fuel. I get two different part numbers on rockauto for the same sprocket between the 2000 and the 2002, but the picture looks like the gear is exactly the same. The camshaft number is the same between the two years.

All answers greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,048 Posts
Yes. You need to swap the camshaft sprocket and the flywheel between the engines.

Plenty of threads on here about staying within year ranges or changing the parts to get the swap to work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. You need to swap the camshaft sprocket and the flywheel between the engines.

Plenty of threads on here about staying within year ranges or changing the parts to get the swap to work.
I saw the flywheel was different - so I changed that but I didn't pull off the front covers on the timing gear components to verify those. Thanks much - I guess I know what I'll be doing most of tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts