DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 2000 Intrepid auto. trans shift on the column. The shift lever will not come out of park without Extreme force. So hard I'm afraid of breaking it off.It's the wifes car, and this just happened all of a sudden. When I looked at it, I also noticed the wheel won't lock with key off. Any ideas? Guess I'll pull the steering wheel and start looking?? Any help,thanks Esley

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I think I know what your talking about. On mine once I finally pulled it out of park it barely went back in. Eventually it all of a sudden just stopped doing it all together and went away as strangely as it started.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
That could be it too. Only thing is though for me, when I started thinking it was the cable it just went away altogether. Also the cable is like a $70 part from the dealership.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
yes, and that is your problem rite there, hadd the same issue with my car, and my cable just broke, and becareful, you ever get blister froma bike brake cable buddy??, ;)Get some bandaides, some beer, some soap for your mouth for the swears, and dont have any kids around you'll be kicking your ass!, ;) Good Luck bud!, ;)

Luie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts