DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I read in here how to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery, I waited an hour, and reconnected it. All power to the car, but when I turn the key, "click", no turning over. I can't believe I did anything to my battery in this. Any suggestions? I was trying to get the car out of "limp" mode.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,694 Posts
This sounds like a battery connection problem. If you have power to everything, and you just get a click when hitting the key, the battery terminal was probably damaged when you took it off. Try cleaning or tightening the battery terminal. Disconnection of the battery for a computer reset will not cause a no-start condition, computer wise. Mechanically, it could, due to a bad connection.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
bluewater said:
ok, so I read in here how to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery, I waited an hour, and reconnected it. All power to the car, but when I turn the key, "click", no turning over. I can't believe I did anything to my battery in this. Any suggestions? I was trying to get the car out of "limp" mode.
Are you in Park ???? I have done that before and felt really stupid..

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
By any chance do you have a security system with a starter kill?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I disconnected the neg. cable, I wasn't sure about the one under it. I figured I'd disconnect both. I tried tightening... nothing. If I hadn't disconnected it, I'd swear the battery was having a load problem. I've disconnected again completely and going to reset again. Is there anything to the reset that would have thrown it off?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I'm in park... I tried that one... it clicks like it is going to attempt to start, but no turning over.

·
Registered
39 Posts
if u checked ur terminals and all is well did u take the battery out when u disconnected it? if u sat it on the ground it could have grounded out ur battery... if u did not and left it in boost ur battery and try it that way...if it starts when u boost it pull the + off while its running if it dies then ur alternator is shot if it stays running u prolly have a bad ground wire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts