DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dodge intrepid got it a few months ago and it drove perfect, last week I noticed while I'm driving it doesn't seem to want to shift into second ( auto) . My rpm goes way up if I drive faster than 25mph. Which sucks because now I can't drive my car only in town. I took it to O'reilleys and they hooked up their computer to it and gave me two codes. I have no idea what they mean. P0605 (PCM Read Only) Memory (rom) Error. Then I got P0700 (Trans System Malfunction). What do these mean? I have replaced the speed sensor as that is what they guessed it was and that didn't work. So now they tell me I need a TCM. Or an ECM ??? Those are expensive do I need that? I ask because the first thing they told me wasn't right so I don't want to spend all this money if this isnt' rite too

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
P0605 Internal Trans Controller Transmission control module ROM self test fault detected
-Aisin transmission.

Sounds like the TCM (Transmission Control Module) went South. Looks like a replacement TCM is needed. Should be no problem putting a used one in. You can get one from a 1999-2001 and it will work. You can't use one from a 2002-2004.

What Model Intrepid do you have? ES, SE or R/T? What engine size? Just get one from a 1999-2001 car where the engine size matches what you currently have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P0605 Internal Trans Controller Transmission control module ROM self test fault detected
-Aisin transmission.

Sounds like the TCM (Transmission Control Module) went South. Looks like a replacement TCM is needed. Should be no problem putting a used one in. You can get one from a 1999-2001 and it will work. You can't use one from a 2002-2004.

What Model Intrepid do you have? ES, SE or R/T? What engine size? Just get one from a 1999-2001 car where the engine size matches what you currently have.
It's an SE

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
I just did a quick search on www.car-part.com. Input 2001 Dodge Intrepid Transmission computer for Wisconsin. Several came up ranging $30-85.

Just get one from another 1999-2001 car with the 2.7L engine. All Intrepid SE cars have the 2.7L. You can get one from a Dodge Intrepid or Chrysler Concorde with the 2.7L engine. Don't get one from a car with the 3.2/3.5L engines.

·
Registered
15,244 Posts
I just did a quick search on www.car-part.com. Input 2001 Dodge Intrepid Transmission computer for Wisconsin. Several came up ranging $30-85.

Just get one from another 1999-2001 car with the 2.7L engine. All Intrepid SE cars have the 2.7L. You can get one from a Dodge Intrepid or Chrysler Concorde with the 2.7L engine. Don't get one from a car with the 3.2/3.5L engines.
and don't get a TCM from a 1998, just a 1999 - 2001 as stated above. The TCM's with the 3.2L / 3,5L will provide the wrong speed (off by 6 mph)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts