DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these dodge neon's 2.0L (2001+) have a coolant bleeder valve like the intrepid 3.2/5's?, I will be working on a neon tommorow, and wanted to know if infact , It does have one or not, thanks! :)

Luroc

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like it, but chrysler has had them on most their cars, so I just want to make sure, The trep coolant bottles are the highest point, but they have a bleeder valve on the lower intake manifold, hmmm

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Here is a pic of a 2000 Neon I changed the engine in back in Sept. I don't remember one and i don't see one in the pic.

·
Registered
575 Posts
hmmm as the owner of a 2001 neon, i should know this, but i believe there is not one, if there is its on the t-stat housing. I have changed my coolant but it was a year or so ago, and i dont remember having to bleed it. Also the pic of that 2000 is different then my 01. I dont have a radiator cap. i have to fill through the plastic resivoir against the firewall there.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm pondering, thanks this helps a bit, hmm, I guess Im going to have to take another look on the Lower intake manifold

·
Registered
575 Posts
i dont believe there is a lower intake, beings how there is no valley and all. its just 4 straight runners to the head or who knows i could be wrong

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
No ther is no lower intake on a Neon. In the pic you can see the stright plastic tubes that are at the bottom. That is the intake. it is one pice.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy ****!!!, are you serious?, Is this a loss of Horse Power ect.., or a gain?, in your opinion of course,lol

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, thanks, just wanted to be alittle more prepared before the job, thanks, knock on wood!, :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts