DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a performance build on my ram but maintaining a 3 grand budget what all can I do after boring the block new pistons comp cams thumpr camshaft and headers? any videos pictures and stories of similar builds are welcome.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
nice high flow cat back, intake, and a tuner.

check this vid out

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already planned on true duals off of longie headers with no cat but as for intake and tuner I wasn't really thinkin of till I finish my engine off with a procharger which would be better then a intake.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
already planned on true duals off of longie headers with no cat but as for intake and tuner I wasn't really thinkin of till I finish my engine off with a procharger which would be better then a intake.
If you want to spend the money then heck yes!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Woober Goobers!
49,538 Posts
Bore it out to a 426!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bore it out to a 426!
that's unrealistic now they make a stroker kit that can make me a 383 or a 426 but a stroker kit is weaker Id be better off droppin a 440 rb block in and decomputerizing that pig but stage 3 tuner is in the future after I get my 3 grand bolt on power build chipping a 360 is a sketchy area and you can go very wrong very fast aka making it as worthless as a 5.7 hemi

·
Registered
57 Posts
you will also need to keep money available for tuning the truck on a real dyno when done I took a power and performance class that used a Dodge Dakota Rt and no matter what you dothere is no getting around tuning the computer Chrysler computers are very state of the art compared to most other manufacturers and it will compensate everything and anything to make the stock parameters the factory programmed It with. even with a stand-alone ignition and a fuel control device it will still change the pulse width of the fuel injectors,even the duty cycle won't be as long, I have seen many people try to make performance with a lot of these computer controlled Chrysler's and fail from not getting them tuned. Not to mention also ruining their freshly built motor. a good tuning session will run about 800 dollars. it will make all the difference though, and it will also save your engine from major damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts