DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to buy rimms in a couple of week and need to know what is the OFFSET that is needed for teh rimms on 2001 SE modem.
thx

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by admiral_ju00:
rimms on 2001 SE modem.
thx
oops, correction: I would like to know on rimms, for dodge intrepid 2001 what should be the Offset on it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Warlord187:
Ok, I have to ask. What was going through your head as you were typing that? :D
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Ok, Great, this guy thinks i'm insane.

I was told that to buy "Aftermarket" rims, u have to make sure that the Size, Width and the Offset matches the vehicle's specs.

this is the site that i want to purchase my rimms from: http://www.1010tires.com/

and for example, these particular rimms that i kind of like have these specs:
1a)
Size: 17" x7" Bolt Pattern(1)4/100 Offset(mm)42 WeightN/A ColourChrome Price$190.99

1b)
Size17" x 7" Bolt Pattern(1) 5/114.3 Offset(mm)40 ColourChrome Price$190.99

1c)
Size17" x 7" Bolt Pattern(1) 5/100 Offset(mm)38 ColourChrome
Price$190.99

and no, i'm not going insane, i've gotten those of this site, this page to be exact:
http://www.1010tires.com/listwheel.asp?brand=Smith%27s&cat=Passenger&model=Max+%2D+Chrome&source=brand

So, If the Offset DOESN'T not matter, then how in the hell is it being listed among other specs for a particular rimm by every single manufacturer????
if Offset DOES matter, which one is "optimal" for a 2001 SE model???

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by admiral_ju00:
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Ok, Great, this guy thinks i'm insane.

No I don't. Well, now I do. :D I'm just ****ing with you. :D

I'm not sure what the offset should be, but as for size and width I can tell you a couple of things. You can get a bigger (or even a smaller) rim. But for your speedo to remain accurate, the OVERALL height (diameter) has to be the same. For example, if you were to get a bigger rim (like 18" or 19"), than to maintain the overall diameter, the sidewalls of the rubber would be less (in other words a lower profile tire). The exact opposite is true if you went with a smaller rim size.

As for width, you can get any available width size as long as they fit the car. I know you can rims available in 17"x7.5", 18"x7.5", and 18"x8". More sizes are available, I just used those as examples.

To increase performance and handling, a wider and lower profile tire (in other words a bigger rim size) would be a good way to acheive that.

·
Registered
504 Posts
What the hell does that mean?

·
Registered
161 Posts
:) Alright brotha check this out. Treps can go up to a 45 offset. From what some people call "plus sizing" you can go up to a 19" rim by 8.5". You want to stay with the original diameter or your stock wheels/tires To figure out the overall diameter of your stock wheels and tires for example: 225/60-16, the first number 225 is the tires width in millimeters.To convert into inches take 225 divided by 25.4, your answer will be rounded off.Then take that number and multiply it by the second number 60 or .6 (60 represents the sidewall percentage 60%).Then take that answer multiply it by 2 and add it to the last number 16 and that will give you the overall diameter of the wheel and tire. So here is the formula:
Example
225/60-16 size of tire

225 / 25.4 = "?in"

"?in" * .6 = "?in"

"?in" * 2 + 16 = "?in" overall diameter :D

I hope this helps you out Bro. PEACE!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SOVIET_UNION:
All your wheels are belong to www.tirerack.com
Hehehe, That's funny. I also very well aware of www.tirerack.com and their products.

but don't you think i'm Not interested in the ones that they have or othewise i wouldn't have looked onto *other* sites? lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts