DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of you were looking for this.... I went to the old, old board (yeah, the ooolllddd board) and dug up the link.

It shows the Intrepid as #14 (and the top domestic) and the rest of the top 100 or so vehicles and their ranking.

2001 JD Powers Quality Results

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Interesting that the 300M is #92. I guess all those extra options must be really bad, or maybe 300M buyers have higher expectations than Intrepid buyers. It could be worse the Pontiac Aztek is #183.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Those polls aren't right, all LH's are built at the same plant, side by side, using mostly the same parts.

Not only that, I noticed that the Infiniti QX4 is on the list and the Pathfinder isn't???? they are built using exact same parts, except for the 4wd system. That don't make any sense.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It actually makes perfect sense. The polls are conducted by asking the vehicle owners what problems they have had with their cars. They don't actually go over the cars themselves and look for defects, they take the owner's word for it.

So, maybe a guy who owns a 300M is a little more finicky then a Dodge Intrepid owner, and the scratch he sees on his console is a "defect". (Or maybe the 300M actually actually had more defects...)

What the poll does show is that more people are happy with their initial purchase of the Dodge Intrepid then any other domestic auto. This poll is taken after 90 days of ownership (before the trans blows and the windows stop going up and down :wink: )

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Intrepidatious said:
So, maybe a guy who owns a 300M is a little more finicky then a Dodge Intrepid owner, and the scratch he sees on his console is a "defect". (Or maybe the 300M actually actually had more defects...)

Not to argue with you or anything, but this is why IMO this poll is no relevant, unless a list of problems can be provided, this poll is useless.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Black94ES said:

Not to argue with you or anything, but this is why IMO this poll is no relevant, unless a list of problems can be provided, this poll is useless.
I see your point. But this survey can be useful. Since it's a survey of ordinary owners, if the owners like their vehicle, it's a good chance that if one were to buy this car, they would like it too (assuming they liked it initially enough to seriously consider buying it).

Just like any other poll, this one should not be used alone to tell you to buy any car. But, this poll in combination with other polls, ratings, reviews, and personal opinions will help an individual decide which car is right for him or her.

:alien:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
True

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can see Black94ES' point though. I never really thought of it as being a very subjective poll. I guess if you are happy with your car, you are going to have less squables and not say anything bad about it.

Do they have any polls that come from the manufacturer's relating to warranty claims? I think that may be the most accurate claim to quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts