DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorsports R/T Review and check these numbers : Dodge Motorsports Intrepid R/T Performance Data Acceleration (mph) 0-30 0-40 0-50 0-60 0-70 0-80 0-90 0-100
Elapsed time (secs) 2.6 3.6 5.3 6.9 8.7 10.8 14.1 17.4
Top speed 153 mph potential
Quarter mile 15.3 @ 93.7 mph

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
he just pointed out everything that i hate about the 2nd gen LH cars. i wish someone could point out all the stuff i hate on the 1st gen ones. ;-)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
In my opinion, that guy was WAY too critical. Seems like he was really biased against the car. Then at the end, he says he'd buy it. I think he's on crack. ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'd like to know where he did that 1/4 mile run! It was probably down hill or something, I wish our cars were that fast. (I guess I could read it, probably says where he did it).

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it doesn't say where or how they obtained the time for thr 1/4 mile, i'm curious as well.

·
Registered
558 Posts
He called it as he saw it. We dearly enjoy our cars but then again they are not perfect.
Although critical, he does not lie.
I read an article in my local paper several weeks ago where in 1 sentence they bashed Chrysler for putting RT on a vehicle as a disguise. If Chrysler really wants to pop eyes, the RT must become more than mere badging and that is the jist of this guys article. Slap on RT and make it mean something.
My intent on buying the RT was the upgraded motor, suspension, brakes and so on. The car is very large and it seats all comfortable. And what's important to me is the huge trunk. Sure it would be nice for the opening to be larger and lower, but thats life.
If you want a fast car, 5.7L GMs, perfect cars- MB, BMW,AUDI and so forth, big rear opening-van or PU, excellent handling-Z06, ACR, Porsche, Ferrari etc.
I didn't want a van, p/u, cannot afford the exotics or German imports etc.
I was not interested in an import, the interest rates were low,low and the price was right. To tear a car apart is nonsense and useless since your neighbours drive alot worse. Nor expect that for 25-30000 US, you will be driving the fastest or the best.
My 20 cents Canadian

Danny
Capitalcity RT

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
OK, may I give you warning about this reviewer (if thats what you want to call him). He is a complete a**hole! I read his review on the new 2001 Stratus R/T when I owned one and all he could do was tear it to pieces. I emailed him a "friendly" e-mail and he responded with a bunch of BS. Seems he is totally against all Chrysler products and only leans toward import or foreign vehicles. So, if you disagree with him, give him a piece of your mind as I did. :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey warlord, isn't there is drag strip somewhere near you? They're alot cheaper and more accurate than a g-tech. Not to mention the fact that you can beat up on some imports that think they're fast.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
The thing I hate about some people who drive expensive import cars, like MB, BMW, Audi, etc. is their snobbish attitude toward American cars. Their nose is so high in the air they don't even know what the ground looks like.

The companies who's cars they drive don't know how to build, in high volume, a well-designed and engineered car that DOESN'T cost a ton of money, something I think Chrysler is great at.

Just a couple of my rants... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by bboucher:
Hey warlord, isn't there is drag strip somewhere near you? They're alot cheaper and more accurate than a g-tech. Not to mention the fact that you can beat up on some imports that think they're fast.
I do believe there is. :)

I just may have to check that out. :)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I thought I read in the review that the numbers were computer generated !!!

I thought they were kinda low - Car & Driver did 0-60 7.8 1/4 16.0 top speed 139

Elitist foreign card owners ??? - I was heading home one day in my 98 Intrepid doing about 70 in the slow lane getting ready to hit an exit ramp for I-95. Here comes this Mercedes (not sure of the model, know it's a $60k car) right up my ass, now going into the exit there's 2 lanes which in the middle of the exit cut to one in a quick turn (right in the middle of the exit); so he blows by me, way too close and gives me that snotty look - so I dropped it to 3rd and said to myself, let's see how good he can drive, and proceed to get up his ass, i nailed it and at 85 mph he started to wiggle and slide out a little, I never broke stride, ducked inside and passed the **** at 90 like he was standing still (he had to brake, was close to losing it). As soon as I got on I-95, I slowed down to 55 MPH and he stayed behind me all the way till I got off the interstate. Sure made my day.

Can't wait until my R/T is broken in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
YOU GO MOPARMAN, YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts