DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a nice 2001 R/T at a local dealer. blk ext/tan leather int. auto stick and 34k miles. does not have chrome wheels or SR. seems pretty nice. when I accelerate or come to a stop I heard what sounded like gurgling up under the dash. huh? it almost sounded like running water. heater core maybe? we had to jump the battery to get it started. might be bad battery. they want 12k for it. looks like my 96 trep might be on the way out. I am considering a 300M if I can find a decent one.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
joe, thats nice. the gurgling could be the heater core filling up with water???? if it has been sitting, maybe it drained away? am not sure

·
Registered
206 Posts
Had that in my 2K.
Check to make sure your coolant is topped up. I've heard others have had to take the air out of the cooling system but I don't know how this is done.
Anybody?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mine does this when I start it up first thing. Coolant level is good...I've been meaning to check it out and see if I can possibly try venting the system of any trapped air but I have not had time to mess with it. Don't think it's a problem - I wouldn't worry about it.

What did you think of the handling? Surprisingly good isn't it?

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
I've had the water noise since the day I drove it off the lot. The dealer heard it and said not to worry about it. I still notice it every once in a while, but after 50k miles it hasn't presented any problems...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts