DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

2002 3.5 P0325 Knock Sensor

9K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TCPMeta 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am getting code P0325; Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction, Bank 1, Sensor 1.
Does this mean the sensor is going bad, or is it something in the circuit? It looks like they are
a ***** to replace. Dealer wants $600 to replace it. I live in California, and they won't pass smog check if it has thrown a code.
I've got 97,000 miles on her and she is bone stock.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!!

#3 ·
I faught that bloody code on mine for 2 years,, replaced it once, and just reset it a couple of times,, what worked for me was clear it after filling with 90+ octaine fuel,, been off since last summer

#5 ·
I have never heard the engine knock since we bought it new.
Do you think that there might be a slight knock I'm not hearing, but the sensor or circuit is malfunctioning and throwing code P0325?
I will certainly try running 91 octane premium. I have alwasy run 87 octane regular since day one, because thats what the owners manual says.
That would be so cool if I could clear the code and it didn't come back simply by running premium..

Thanks, guys, I'll keep you posted.

#6 ·
80% of the time if you hear the knock then it's whiplash from a valve and would require a replacement. Some times if you hear a knock it's from some real bad gas from being old or watered down.

I would toss in some injector cleaner or some octane booster and reset the PCM.

I buy 89 octane and once a month toss in STP octane booster and once every six months toss in some B12 chem tool or seafoam into the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.