DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Category: Domestic

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid for sale, in USA - Virginia.

Mileage: 150,000 miles
Engine Size: 2.7

Asking price is $700+

I came on site to learn how to remove gas from tank before scrapping car. People have told me to list prior to hitting scrap yard in case there is interest. I have a 2002 with a blown 2.7 motor. Body is in good shape with no major dents or rust. Everything worked on car until engine quit, (heard knocking sound and didn't make it home). Also have a 2004 with a 2.7 (as a donor car for mine) that has a broken timing chain. It has dents in several places and peeling paint behind rear doors. Scrap yard is offering me 700 a piece and I get to keep tires, battery and gas. Would rather see car on road again.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
if the timing chain broke while running, then neither engine is good.
guess you could use the short block of the broken timing chain one and the heads of the other.
at $700 a piece, i'd send them to the yard.
for the right person, they might be worth $700 together.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,017 Posts
Maybe $350 total!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep

Yeah I was shocked too, guess china is willing to pay big bucks for the metal to build their aircraft carrier. Anyone know if the anti siphon device in the gas tanks fill tube can be easily defeated?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
I would pay $350 for both, I would have another $350+ just getting them towed home, plus at least $2K fixing one of them.

·
Registered
429 Posts
There's a drain plug in the tanks of second gen intrepids. Simply put a big catch basin underneath and unscrew it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thats a shame, too nice to crush too expensive to fix

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
There's a drain plug in the tanks of second gen intrepids. Simply put a big catch basin underneath and unscrew it.
The drain plug is not available after 1998...maybe 1999.
Definitely not in the 02+ cars.

IMHO: I don't think it's a shame at all. The one car has 150+k miles.
The other is probably near the same. Cloth interior that is probably smelly.
They're past their prime. Crush 'em and be done with 'em.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My 2004 has the drain plug, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts