DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first off want to thank you guys for the info that has helped me get through some issues. I finally registered after searching for my problem high and low on the forum. If this is a repeat question then feel free to direct me to the answer.

I just replaced the timing chain, tensioner, tensioner piston, wear guards, water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, radiator, lower rad. hose & coolant bleeder. I started up the car with no problems. I bled the air from the coolant lines, etc. still no problems. I then drive it for 15 minutes and notice that the oil pressure light has come on and I'm in the middle of no where. I drive and eventually hear a faint knocking (very faint). I drive a little farther and it starts getting louder so I make it to a dealership and pay for an oil cleaner/flush. I then have new oil put in it and the tech says that the oil pump doesn't appear to be pumping (not sure how he came to that conclusion but anyways) I feel like maybe the oil sludge pieces had fallen into the oil pickup tube and plugged it hence the cleanser/flush stuff. I was thinking drop oil pan and clean intake or oil pump not working. I had also read on hear about the oil pressure switch? I did NOT elect to replace the oil pump while i was changing the timing chain since it had never had a problem before and the engine was relatively clean for a 2.7 sludge monster. That being said I need your help guys (badly) to help diagnose this. Also the car under idle sounds great and no check engine lights on yet only oil pressure light. It sounds bad when in motion. Thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts