DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to purchase a 2002 Trep SE with the craptastic 2.7L (that knocks AND won't start :glum: ) and was wondering what all it would take to swap out to a 3.5L :D or just swap into a used 2.7L. here around where i live, 3.5s are a little bit cheaper :sucker: but i know there are some (quote, unquote) SPECIAL procedures to be done when doing a swap like this. PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah i saw that but i dont really wanna buy it till i get the car... is it worth buying an 02 SE with 97000 miles and a blown motor for $500?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,438 Posts
yeah i saw that but i dont really wanna buy it till i get the car... is it worth buying an 02 SE with 97000 miles and a blown motor for $500?
Not a bad deal for $500 if you can get the conversion parts for the right price...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for the most part, drop out engines up here run about 8-900 bucks. i am tempted to do it myself, but being an 18 year old just starting college that has never done anything more than a differential fluid change, i am somewhat hesitant...

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
for the most part, drop out engines up here run about 8-900 bucks. i am tempted to do it myself, but being an 18 year old just starting college that has never done anything more than a differential fluid change, i am somewhat hesitant...
Granted, its a big project. But there's only one way to learn! Question is can you get access to the tools you need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah access to the tools will be relatively. i think i have the knowledge required but im not too sure, lol. access to the facility required is a challenge, though. i live with my grandparents and mom and aunt, and the neighborhood in which i reside has the most stupid laws about cars. for instance, any motor vehicle viewable from the street has to be fully operational (driveable). they dont care if i drive a total rust bucket and park it in the middle of the driveway, i cannot pull the engine out of a gleaming silver 02 intrepid because "it would be an eyesore" :glum:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts