DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anybody know what the heck is going on with the 2002 ES ... they droped the 3.2 engine and have put the 3.5 in them!

Dang I want one!:alien:

-Goose

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Did the price of the 3.5L ES go up as compared to previous years 3.2L, or did it stay about the same?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Paid 29,400.00 Canadian, or 18,750 US for a 3.5 ES loaded with everything but leather and the 4 pack CD player.

what kind of price do you find listed on the windsheild in the U.S.? Just wondering what is would work out to in our wonderfull Canadian dollars. Just like the one burried in the ice at Salt Lake:D

·
Registered
602 Posts
What!!??? I got a base model for $22,000 USD! Hell no....... All the ES' I looked at were priced at like $28,000 USD and none of the dealers could come down to around 22K even.......

The Bay Area sucks.......

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Wow MP, that sucks. Around here I have seen 1 year old ES's with less than 13k miles with every option but sunroof for between 17 and 18,000.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I'd take the price break and go for the low output 3.5 in the ES. For a lousy 10 more hp an R/T would set you back a few grand more, right? So, do up the exhaust and intake and you may get the 10 hp back for $500. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
viprman said:
I'd take the price break and go for the low output 3.5 in the ES. For a lousy 10 more hp an R/T would set you back a few grand more, right? So, do up the exhaust and intake and you may get the 10 hp back for $500. :rolleyes:
Yeah, but the ES in 2002 doesn't get all the goodies anymore. Those are reserved for the R/T now :eek:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Hey MP, prices are high out there. I got my '01 Motorsport RT for 22,222 , listed for 27,555. You couldn't get a break at the end of the model year ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up mine last Saturday. 2002 ES with the 3.5 L. I got leather, bucket seats, floor shifter, sunroof, power seats, everything but ABS and the 6 CD changer. Sticker was almost $27,000 but with the rebates and everything, got it for a hair under $22k (US$). Cinnamon Glaze exterior and beige leather.

Already have 475 miles on it in one week. Nice car. It looks great in the driveway with my PT Cruiser which I dearly love. The Intrepid will be used primarily as a company car since I'm in sales and travel the southeast US.

Rick / Charlotte

·
Registered
602 Posts
Problem was I didn't really have any transportation after my 99ES got wrecked. I don't like to ask or rely on other people to drive me around. The place in Hayward I went to did have some 2001's, I was going to get a nice 2001 SE w/2.7L for $13,900, it had 26,000 miles but seemed to run and perform strong and was still under factory warranty, I would have got an extended.

The dealer then gives me some BS that they can't finance me on a used car.

They didn't have any new 2001's just 2002's. I picked a 2002 SE from the back lot, Aluminum Wheels, CD Player, ABS, Bucket Seats, Floor Shifter, Keyless Entry Etc. My payments were high cause they couldn't give me a good finance rate so I decided to just refinance in a few months and extend the loan for the time being to get the payments down. 0 Percent financing only applies to a 3 year loan, payments would have been really high. Well, they're pretty close anyway, got screwed. I was sick of the hours I spent at the dealer and just wanted a nice trep.

I was actually OK with the deal. Happy to have another car. The finance guy from the dealer calls and tells me the deal most likely will not go through and that I would probably have to bring the car back. Then I go to another dealer to cover my ass thinking they're gonna take the car back and purchase a beautiful loaded 2001 Intrepid R/T. They wanted almost 30,000 but I got them down to $24,500. That is a pretty good deal over here! I immediately called them to let them know I was brining the car back. They didn't say I couldn't. Then they give me **** when I bring it back. I had to back out of the deal with the other dealer, luckily they were cool enough to let me out of it. Man, that sucked. Anyway, for what I am paying per month I know I can get an R/T or ES but I'd loose money, not really sure what the best thing to do is......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Intrepid99..

What goodies asside from the 10Hp, upgraded handling ,17 inch wheels and autostick are in the 2002 R/T vs ES? Do you think it is worth the extra $$$$ and extra insurance$$$

darren

·
Registered
973 Posts
talon139 - I'm not Intrepid99 but I have an answer for you. Is it worth the $$$$$ for the R/T? Uhm yes, yes, and yes. There is a whole lot more than 10HP, 17" wheels ... ask one that owns one.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
talon139 said:
Do you think it is worth the extra $$$$ and extra insurance$$$
2000-2001 - No, I didn't think it was woth the extra money for an R/T. I stayed with an ES when I traded my 98 in because I wanted the OTIS (I didn't want to have to find one and install it), and I really like the Climate Control :)

2002+ Yes, I think it's worth the money for an R/T because you will still get autostick, as well as anything you can get in an ES.

Just my opinion. Luxuries and gadgets are more important to me than having the biggest engine. However, if I can get both in one package, then of couse I'll go for it :)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Intrepid99 said:
Just my opinion. Luxuries and gadgets are more important to me than having the biggest engine
I am the same way. Too bad my car doesn't have either......yet. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts