DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a factory deck! I know you want it!

$150 U.S. + shipping costs (however you want it sent) sounds reasonable to me, perfect condition used for about 1 month. Beautiful deck.

reply if interested.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
which deck is it? i have a friend looking for one for his 2002 Concorde. single Disc/Tape?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I know that's a good price, and I would love one. But being unemployed, I don't have exactly enough funds...If you could come down a smidgen, I'd be interested. If not, no biggie. You should have no problem selling it. :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Is that the 52 Watt factory CD deck? Is it from the premium system with Bass, Mid and Treble control?

I just have the Bass and Treble control in my 02' bottom of the line factory CD deck and I think it only puts out like around 20 watts. Would that install without any problems (Size, Wiring Etc) in an 02' base with 4 speaker stock sound? I just want something that puts out a little more clean power with better EQ control.

If so, I'll take it, I'm a little broke but I may be able to scrape something together if it's in perfect condition.

Would it still sound good with 4 speakers or does it need to have the 7-9 speaker configuration with and/or factory Amp?

Later,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually it's the single CD with the bass and treble controls only :(

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sounds like it's what I already got, but thanks for the info!! Dang, I was hoping it was the upgraded version but there are a lot of second gen base models that are out there with only a tape deck. It should be a good deal for someone. Good luck!

Later,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I pulled a factory one out of a black RT in the local junkyard that had bass midrange and trebil eq settings its a little big but it fits It powers my speakers just fine dont know what wattage but it powers my dual 12" 700 watt subs just spliced em into the back speakers and unplugged the 6/9's
so if u guys come across one i suggest using it(unless u have a good cd player) wish it had rca jacks cause than i caould install my amp

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ummm... you know that you shouldn't use a deck to power subs... oh well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
where did you buy the all black headlights covers? i have the black light covers with the ligh cut outs... where can i buy the black ones? anywhere online?

email me if ya can and let me know! [email protected]

awesome car too!!!! i have a decked out black 98 ES... i'll have pix soon :eek:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ya know bro, you can ghetto rig and run wires off your rear speakers for input, perhaps using a crossover. It may sound like shhht, but you could try it. My friend and I did it a while back for his factory system he didn't wanna change, it sounded OK but not as good as it could of course.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Originally posted by MoparPerformance:
Ya know bro, you can ghetto rig and run wires off your rear speakers for input, perhaps using a crossover. It may sound like shhht, but you could try it. My friend and I did it a while back for his factory system he didn't wanna change, it sounded OK but not as good as it could of course.
thats how im running mine I got that factory deck out of that black rt and unhooked the back speakers and hooked up the subs they run fine(theyu will be better with my amp installed

·
Registered
602 Posts
Cool, cool... you can also use those wires as inputs for your Amp... I have done that before and it usually works ok if crossed over at the amp or a crossover

Take care

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the headlight covers from www.bestdarnparts.com, I think for $42U.S. with free shipping in the U.S. (my aunt brought them across the border illegally for me, I love her =D)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm more curious to what stereo you put in its' place.
I am looking for an aftermarket, but it has to be sized for it, of course.
Crutchfield is of NO help along those lines, any ideas on where to shop online and what models to look at ?
I am looking for in-dash CD and Cassette tape.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In my signature, you can see the deck I put in, and I needed a faceplate ($15), so that It'd fit, I also needed an antenna adapter and a wiring harness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry.

I wonder if Blaupunkt still makes anything worthwhile....

Get this: I'm still using the same Pioneer in-dash AM-FM Cassette unit i bought in 1976 in one of my cars - works GREAT !

Another car has a Kenwood am-fm cassette with 10-disc changer in the truck, i bouth in 1995. I don't think i'll buy another Kenwood.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts