DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my neighbor's 02 trep has a problem. The front pass. door does not open from the inside. I have the Service Manual if i need to look up somthing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Take the door pannel off and check if the handle is attached to the bar thats is attached to the door mech.... Usually this happens if the bar breaks or bends or pops out of place... At least in my experience.....

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
yeah, door panel has ummmmmm, 2 + 3 + 3 + 2 screws holding it on I believe.....that makes 10. The bar has probably come disconnected. One time when I took apart my door and put it back together I forgot to reattach the bar......man that week without a driver's door that opened from the inside was a PITA.......I had to roll down my window and open it from the outside :anon:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whoa 10 screws, my grand am only has 4. Another quesion where are the hidden ones?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I wish I knew where the crews were. I thought I had all the screws out but I know people remove the door panel all the time so I must have missed a few. I tried for like 2hrs one time and I just couldn't get it. I'm glad I figured out I can't get the door panel off before I bought chrome handles and switches. Geez, I can take my whole dash out to install ATC and I can't get the damn door panel off!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts