DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was for a quick second... i was walking to the train station and passing me I saw what looked like a nice Inferno Red Intrepid. Was not sure what trim it was. As I turned around to take another look at the back I saw something strange.

The trunk had the DODGE on the upper left hand side. Now I heard they were moving the badging around... but if they are putting the Dodge on the upper left hand side... this is a big mistake IMO. It makes the car looked too "cluttered".

I like the big "INTREPID" written across the back. Makes the car look somewhat intiminating. The 3.5 badge on the right side I always liked made my R/T stand out. Now are all the 2002 ES and RTs gonna have this 3.5 badge? If the ES does I say BLAH. It takes away the "uniqueness" of the R/T. Kinda like what Nissan is doing with the new Altima. They are beefing up the engine of the Altima so much its almost equal with the Maxima. This is going to drive sales of the Maxima down I think. Why pay 28k for a Maxima when you can get an Altima with perhaps the same engine for 3-4k less. Same goes with the Intrepid.

Not that it matters for me, im not buying an '02 or an '03 for that matter anytime soon, but im disapointed. Having the Dodge logo on the back where everyone can see it... takes away from the INTREPID written across.

Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah I agree, I like the Big Intrepid on the back, and the 3.5 gives the person you just raced an anwser to "what is under the hood?" LOL, but they should just have left it at that.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They didnt take off the Intrepid on the 2002. I believe they ADDED the Dodge on the upper-hand.

Now I know I will get flamed for this.... but to an average person (especially a ricer)... the word "Dodge" probably has a negative connotation. Its not like we are talking Acura, Nissan, Honda, Toyota, etc etc. Even "Chrysler" I think is more positive than Dodge.

I don't want people to know that i drive a "Dodge". On the doors, I dont mind. But people will see the trunk of my car a HELL of a lot more than the sides. I want people to know I drive an "INTREPID". To me it says more... again more intiminating like i said above. This car no doubt looks good... I want there to be an element of "mystery". After they see how phat the car is, I want them to say after they look on the door... "Damm thats a DODGE!?!? I never would have guessed".

Or I could also say I want people to know that I drive a car that can most likely smoke your ass. :) (Unless you have eight cyls) ;)

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: DjPiLL ]

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yeah, adding "Dodge" to the back makes it seem more like the first generation Intrepids. On the first generation Intrepids it looked fine since the style of the trunk lid made a perfect spot for the Dodge badge. I don't think such a perfect place exists on the 2nd gen. :)

Does anyone know if the '02 "Chrysler" Intrepid will have "Chrysler" on the back too?

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Just a note:

The Altima has always sold more units than the Maxima, and thier power ratings have always been close. So really nothing is changing.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really. This is the first year Altima is coming out with a 3.5L engine. I think the last engine was a 2.4L. Thats definitely not close.

·
Registered
207 Posts
you guys should consider yourselves lucky with DODGE across the back. not that i like that idea either. but i was looking at a 2002 ES here (Canada) and its got CHRYSLER in the top left ... the INTREPID tag where its always been across the back and the ES in the top right hand. it looks like garbage. i dunno whos plan that was but i found it totally unbecoming of the car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The Maxima's have gotten a power bost to 255HP as to not compete with the Altima. The new Altima is a great looking car and I think it will have the balls to match the good looks.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Yeah ,they sure did a nice job of the trunk ,you think it looks bad now just wait till the dealer puts his sticker on the trunk .As for the 3.5 sticker only R/T s get it .They put the R/T on the front door ,same as last year just no Dodge . Also Canadian cars get Chrysler instead of Dodge.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Altima (formely a stretched Sentra with a bigger engine) was never offered with a V6 until 2002. It'll be car of the year easy.
240HP, Mid Sized (bigger then the Maxima in some dimensions), & a manual is offered for around 24K. The 0-60 times should be excellent. A dam ricer that'll beat out a 300M Special, grrrrrrrreat. Way to go Chrysler.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by BTC909:
The Altima (formely a stretched Sentra with a bigger engine) was never offered with a V6 until 2002. It'll be car of the year easy.
240HP, Mid Sized (bigger then the Maxima in some dimensions), & a manual is offered for around 24K. The 0-60 times should be excellent. A dam ricer that'll beat out a 300M Special, grrrrrrrreat. Way to go Chrysler.
Can't wait for that damn V8 HEMI!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I agree with Warlord. The 300 Hemi C concept was a damn jaw-dropping car when I saw it. Gorgeous interior, stunning engine, and beautiful styling. Indeed it is (or will be) Chrysler at it's best. :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
hEY oTTOWRKR,

THE SOLE RT MARKINGS ON THE FRONT DOORS WOULDN'T SO HAPPEN TO BE IN THE 60S-70S RED FASHION, WOULD THEY? JUST ASKIN'..ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER. BACK AT WORK I SEE.

DANNY
CAPITALCITY RT
01 BLK RT
46 YEARS OLD TODAY...OH NO!!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
CapitalCity RT -nope same old chrome sticker as last year ,just missing the Dodge part. No not back at work, 1 more week off. BTW-Happy B-Day.

wht2002SE- just use a hairdryer to heat them up and they peel off real easy. if any residue is left try WD-40 . It will remove just about anything and not damage the paint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts