DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a 2002 Intrepid. It only has 78k on it and they thought the transmission was bad. Thanks to you guys in here I figured out that it was going into limp mode. It was throwing the dreaded p0770 and 1776 codes. I got the parts including a refurbished solenoid pack from Pheonix Transmission. My mechanic is going to drop the pan this weekend and replace it and clear the codes. It has no other codes but here are some issues I have noticed. It runs fine but seems to idle just a little rough, but not all time. It seems to have some body roll when I hit a bump on the interstate as well. This may be just the nature of the beast since I am used to my 4wd. Any advise or opinions appreciated.
Now for my weird question of what do I have. The vin number comes back as a SE or ES I forget which one, but it is packaged as more like an R/T. It has 17" chrome wheels which the door tag confirms, Power Sunroof, and a 3.5 HO engine. It has no badging indicating what it is. It just says intrepid. So I am confused. Also no R/T on the seats.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,549 Posts
If it doesn't have the R/T embroidered in the front seat head rests then it's most likely an SXT. Both the R/T and SXT used the same 17" Chrome Crusader wheels in 2002 only.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,549 Posts
If it doesn't have the R/T embroidered in the front seat head rests then it's most likely an SXT. Both the R/T and SXT used the same 17" Chrome Crusader wheels in 2002 only. The ES and SE would have 16" wheels.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,549 Posts
Pretty much all 2002 R/T have leather seats also. Yours are most likely cloth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just acquired a 2002 Intrepid. It only has 78k on it and they thought the transmission was bad. Thanks to you guys in here I figured out that it was going into limp mode. It was throwing the dreaded p0770 and 1776 codes. I got the parts including a refurbished solenoid pack from Pheonix Transmission. My mechanic is going to drop the pan this weekend and replace it and clear the codes. It has no other codes but here are some issues I have noticed. It runs fine but seems to idle just a little rough, but not all I time. It seems to have some body roll when I hit a bump on the interstate as well. This may be just the nature of the beast since I am used to my 4wd. Any advise or opinions appreciated.
Now for my weird question of what do I have. The vin number comes back as a SE or ES I forget which one, but it is packaged as more like an R/T. It has 17" chrome wheels which the door tag confirms, Power Sunroof, and a 3.5 HO engine. It has no badging indicating what it is. It just says intrepid. So I am confused. Also no R/T on the seats.
I have added a couple of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes cloth seats. I thought it was an SXT but a couple of resources said an SXT wasnt a package til 2003. I didn't know exactly what I had but for 1500.00 and that low of mileage I figured I had a deal. I will have a total of 500.00 in the transmission and hopefully the code will clear.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,549 Posts
The SXT was introduced in 2002.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,549 Posts
2002 was the only year with those 17" Chrome Crusader wheels. Both the R/T and SXT used those same chrome wheels. If it were an R/T it would've come with R/T badges on the front doors. Of course those could've been removed or fallen off.

Here's my 2002 R/T shortly after I bought it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: had the pan dropped installed new solenoid pack new fluid and filter. Engine codes gone, shifts perfect, rpms low, and it doesn't have a slight miss anymore. 79k miles. Probably needs some struts but a new set of Goodyear's improved ride and handling. With all parts and labor I am around 2200.00 in nice car with low miles. Still have some work to do but it's all just mostly convenience. Power mirror slide, trunk release solenoid, struts for the hood ect.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Update: had the pan dropped installed new solenoid pack new fluid and filter. Engine codes gone, shifts perfect, rpms low, and it doesn't have a slight miss anymore. 79k miles. Probably needs some struts but a new set of Goodyear's improved ride and handling. With all parts and labor I am around 2200.00 in nice car with low miles. Still have some work to do but it's all just mostly convenience. Power mirror slide, trunk release solenoid, struts for the hood ect.

glad you got the fixed! that valve body is the most common transmission issue with this car.. the A606/le42 is really solid otherwise.
sounds like your in good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts