DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the 3.2 is gone. ES cars get a low output 3.5 and the R/T gets the high output 3.5. Not sure of the H.P numbers ,so don't ask I don't know YET. From what I see the low output has a plenum that is missing the manifold tuning valve. Not sure if the engine controller software is different for both engines. The ES also gets new rims looks like the old ones but the middle of the spoke is now closed and has a shallow indent .The rim actually reminds me of a Camaro Iroc rim . I also saw a chrome version of this rim. The ES and SE stickers move from the back door and are now put on the trunk lid along with a small Dodge sticker.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Wow...the 3.2 is gone huh? I guess that makes it easier for Chrysler to only have to produce 2 engines instead of 3. (is the 3.2 used in any other DC vehicle I wonder?..or is the engine totally gone?)

Thanks for the info OTTO

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would hope that the ES 3.5 low output has less HP than our 3.5 engines.
My wife will kill me since she wanted the ES and I convinced her on the RT. Now she'll come back and say...'see, why didn't we get the ES'.
I'd love to tell her that the RT is still stronger and more performance oriented.
We shall wait and see. Hang in there boys.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the 3.5 low output should have about the same H.P as the current 3.2 . DC would be stupid to make an ES with the same H.P as an R/T. So your safe with the wife :D

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one week into building 2002's and still no R/T's. From what I have seen all 2002 R/T's will get the trunk mounted rear spoiler factory installed.

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: ottowrkr ]

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine's a 2001 and I had to buy the spoiler and have it installed. I hope mine will be confused for a 2002 now.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The spoiler looks nice 'n all but I was concerned about punks ripping off the spoiler and leaving a mess. I have seen new cars at dealers minus the spoiler. I do not think that the spoiler performs any functionality unless you are cruisin' at 100+ MPH. DOn't like the flashing red lights pulling me over, thank you very much.
With or without, the RT looks damn good!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Originally posted by CapitalCity RT:
I do not think that the spoiler performs any functionality unless you are cruisin' at 100+ MPH

I highly doubt that this spoiler would do any good even at those speeds, purley cosmetic.

Then again, I might be wrong?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Right you are. Spoilers on street cars are cosmetic only. The last thing you want is more rear downforce on a front wheel drive vehicle. None-the-less I like the looks of them myself unless they look like picnic tables I have seen on a few cars around here

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's actually one of the things I like about the intrepid. I love that the car looks great even without any modifications and spoiler. I think of it as a family sports car.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm a little confused. Are both the 2.7 and 3.2 done? Could someone recap what model Intrepids will be offered (SE, ES, R/T)? And what motors will be offered in each model. I think I may be in the market for a new Intrepid and I guess I didn't realize these changes were happening.

·
Registered
558 Posts
If I read Ottowrkr correctly, the 2.7 is still a go. The optional 3.2 L is gone. A detuned 3.5L will be available (optional) on the ES. Anyone else understand it this way?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
on the 2001 line... the only R/Ts that came with the spoiler from the factory... are ones with the Motorsports package.

If all 2002 R/Ts will have that factory spoiler... im glad i bought the '01. I really do not care for that factory spoiler.

Just my opinion of course. :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mopar4U the SE gets the 2.7 . The ES gets a 2.7 or 3.5 low output . The R/T gets the 3.5 high output.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got this from the Concorde on www.car-truck.com & figure this will apply to the 2002 Intrepids also.

SE 2.7-liter - 200 horsepower 190 lb.-ft.
ES 3.5-liter - 234 horsepower 241 lb.-ft.
RT 3.5-liter - 250 horsepower 250 lb.-ft.

I wonder what tweaks they did to the HO 3.5L to get an extra 8HP?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts