DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey R/T owners! Anyone up for them new Maximas? I've driven those suckers and boy they are pretty fast. Has anyone raced one of them? I'd really like to see that one. Both cars have same engine, just 10 more HP on the Maxima. The Intrepid a little bigger and heavier though. But, I bet Intrepid fights back pretty hard. If anyone does it, tell me how it went. I hope we win!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
maxima v6 with a 6 speed not only has 20 more hp than an R/T but it weighs less. plus it has a 6 speed. it would obliterate the R/T, which as LHSer pointed out isn't that much faster than an ES or a 1st gen 3.5 for that matter. no intrepid could touch such a maxima.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love intrepids, but I don't think there is an intrepid on this planet that can touch a Maxima. IMOP!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew it! Darn Maximas! Well, if any R/T owner races that Maxima, please post it and let us know how it went. I hope we get some stupid showy driver behind the wheels on the Maxima and we win :D
Peace Out!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
well, I went at it with a maxima one day...
had a GT-R plate on it, and it's tag said "4DR GTR", looked nice, not fart can, but i could tell it had an exhaust job done, looking at the wheels/brakes they were a cutom job, it had the stillen stickers and a few others on the rear windows. typical rice look i guess...(i know nothing about maxima's other than it's suppossed to be quick)

well...we raced from a light, about 1/4-1/2 mile to the next one...I dunno..it was fast....we were door to door about the whole time, but i dunno...i feel i could have been wasted, my foot was on the floor the whole time, at one point it pulled SLIGHTLY ahead...but all in all, we stopped at the light at about the same time, practically door to door.....but honestly, i dunno if the driver was playin with me or not...if the light ahead wasnt red, i probably woulda been smoked.

would it matter if i said I had the A/C on,
and they had the windows down?

my wife was in the car with me, and the driver of the other car was a girl with what i would presume was her boyfriend in the passenger seat.

i'd call it a draw at this point, but i will give the advantage to the maxima. since it did get a slight edge past me..(not a whole car length tho).

but thats my experience with going against a maxima. (it was NOT a new one)

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
A/C is only going to draw marginal amounts of power. Perhaps 5hp at the most.

Maxima's are tough ****ing cars. The mags (for whatever that is worth) regularily test them at 6.3-6.6 0-60.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still
Nice Job Thrasher! :cool:
:D

By the way, sweet ride :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
my best friend has a 98 max 5spd and it is the model with 190 hp. He kills me with 2 car lengths easy and he says he races new ones and he beats them. I would never try one guys. Supposedly although the new ones have more power they are actually slower than the old model. Motor Trend asked why as well so dont think too hard!!! My accord v6 auto killed many a maximas so i wouldnt try those either.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
On a handling race I'd give the edge to the R/T. The 'Trep may also do well once it gets to 90-100, the 'aero' really pays off and could make a difference but less weight / more horsepower / manual tranny / 6 gears / I don't think we'd win too many light to light drags.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by huntersdl:
my best friend has a 98 max 5spd and it is the model with 190 hp. He kills me with 2 car lengths easy and he says he races new ones and he beats them. I would never try one guys. Supposedly although the new ones have more power they are actually slower than the old model. Motor Trend asked why as well so dont think too hard!!! My accord v6 auto killed many a maximas so i wouldnt try those either.
Are you sure he only has 190hp? Also, show me an Accord that can beat an R/T.

Oh, and your signature, that's just wrong.

GO WESTERN MICHIGAN BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
accord v6 is slow. i beat one in a 30-60 romp before i had any mods (even k&n).

·
Registered
67 Posts
The accord v6 you were racing must not have been trying. Or-it was an accord 4cyl. I had an accord v6 and its faster than my 2000 es with intake. My brother has a v6 accord and he spanks me. PS I beat just about any intrepid on the road already!! Sorry the accord is faster! Even Motor Trend stats prove that. Top end my accord v6 did 135 before the computer kicked in. Western Mich fan huh. You should be better off next year than toledo they lose just about anyone. Leftwich for Heisman!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I work for a rental car company and we have the new Infinty I35s and the new Maximas as well.....I think the new Maxima will kill any intrepid out there. The car has so much power of the line its kinda hard to keep the wheels straight....and when you move throught the auto trans it shifts hard and fast.....Dont me too proud when you see a Maxima at the line cause its WILL win. Dakotas with the Magnum v8 are beasts too...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.