DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original owner. Good car. Recently the autostick just stopped working. Transmission works just fine. I assume it is the switch that failed. On page 8W-31-8 of the 2002 service manual it is shown in the schematic.

comments: 1 easy to fix or hard
2 does anybody have the part number
3 probably common part

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
I don't have the part number.

Is Fuse 1 blown?

If not, you can trouble shoot it for bad A/S switch or wire. Disconnect the A/S switch. The black wire at the switch should measure continuity (low resistance) to ground. The other two wires should measure 12 volts. I you don't get that, there is a broken wire or otherwise bad connection (or blown Fuse 1).

If those 3 measurements are good, with the engine running and gear selector in A/S position (brakes on, of course), you should see the gear indicator in the cluster move from 1 to 2 if you short the up-shift (light green/red) wire to ground. You should be able to shift back and forth between 1 and 2 alternately shorting the up- and down-shift wires to the ground wire. If that all works right, then the switch is the problem.

Are there any codes? Some codes may cause A/S to be disabled (not sure - but possible).

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts