DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I think the 2003 I just bought needs an oil pan. The drain plug isn't a drain plug...:poopoo: Is there a repair for the drain holes? What year 3.5 can I look at for replacement? I found one on e-bay but it is listed as a 2002 and says it wont fit a 2003.

If anyone has one they want to sell let me know because I'm going to get it ASAPI found a Mopar Performance one ( W0133-1876461 ) on racepages.com for 242.95... I may go that way if you guys think that is the best option.

Thanks in advance.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,030 Posts
Does your car have an oil cooler? Most likely not as I believe they were deleted after the 2002 model year. You can use either oil pan...with or without oil cooler. If you get an older pan with the fittings for the oil cooler..you can just plug that hole with a pipe thread plug from Home depot or Lowe's etc. As long as it's for a 1999-2004 3.5L engine you'll be good to go.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,030 Posts
This is a bargain for a new OEM oil pan for the 3.5L. $223.50 shipped! That's the online discount price and those places don't include shipping. It looks like it has the hole for the oil cooler but like I said you buy a pipe plug from the hardware store and it'll work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-E-M-Mopar...ies&hash=item2573d13de2&vxp=mtr#ht_1542wt_855

Lot of times these are on eternal back order from the dealer too!

·
Woober Goobers!
51,030 Posts
99-01 had the oil cooler. 02-04 did not
Actually from research I see that 2002-2004 3.5L cars with the heavy duty package seem to still have the oil cooler. Could be wrong. I'm known to be FOS!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a bargain for a new OEM oil pan for the 3.5L. $223.50 shipped! That's the online discount price and those places don't include shipping. It looks like it has the hole for the oil cooler but like I said you buy a pipe plug from the hardware store and it'll work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-E-M-Mopar...ies&hash=item2573d13de2&vxp=mtr#ht_1542wt_855

Lot of times these are on eternal back order from the dealer too!
Local dealer mentioned the eternal backorder today:baseballbat:

·
Woober Goobers!
51,030 Posts
Check out that Ebay link I posted. $223 shipped and available now is a deal!

Looks like it comes with a drain plug and gasket too!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Think I'm just going to jump on that auction and call it good. THANKS FOR THE LINK!!
Are any of the pan bolts "evil" and prone to being PITA or is this something I should be able to do without making a dead horse in my driveway? I've never even had a hint of trouble from our 300 plug. Does it just fail one day?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,030 Posts
I think it's a pretty good deal. It's a good price and available now with free shipping.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,030 Posts
You bought one? Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Think I'm just going to jump on that auction and call it good. THANKS FOR THE LINK!!
Are any of the pan bolts "evil" and prone to being PITA or is this something I should be able to do without making a dead horse in my driveway? I've never even had a hint of trouble from our 300 plug. Does it just fail one day?
There are 2 5mm socket head cap bolts under the structural collar. I used a long hex bit, which helped, due to a lip off of the transmission. At the very front there are 2 10mm nuts, which a racheting wrench works the best. You will have to loosen the AC compressor, from the bracket, so you can access the bolt holding the oil dipstick. Again racheting wrenches help. You will need to jack the motor up, as high as you can, and lower the subframe to pull the pan out. Hope I'm not too late in posting this to help you out. Good luck with PITA job!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts