DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve broken the seal all the way around, I’ve removed all 10mm bolts drained most of the fluid from the pan and the pan still won’t come off? Seems to be getting caught on the exhaust pipes in the back? Is there something I’m missing?
Any information would be appreciated thanks.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Sometimes the hanger brackets for the exhaust pipes get in the way at the back. Usually you can maneuver the pan around them and out. If not you can take the two nuts loose holding the hangers and move the brackets out of the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I had to loosen one of the brackets to get at one of the pan bolts and remove the bolt. I’ll take both brackets off and see if that does it for me? I have it on jack stands not that high off the ground so it’s hard for me to really see what’s going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some wiggling and exhaust moving I’ve finally gotten the pan and the filter off. To remove the valve body the car must be in low gear right? My end goal is replacing the trans shift solenoid which I originally thought was on the outside of the transmission when purchasing the car.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
To remove the valve body the car must be in low gear right?
(1) Disconnect the TRS wiring connector. The sole-
noid wiring connector can remain attached to the
case.
(2) Disconnect the shift cable from the shift lever
(at the transaxle).
(3) Move the shift lever clockwise as far as it will
go. This should be one position past the L position.
Then remove the shift lever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you disconnect the shift cable you push up on the cable right? I did so wouldn’t budge don’t wanna break it

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
When you disconnect the shift cable you push up on the cable right? I did so wouldn’t budge don’t wanna break it
You do not want to break it, that's for sure! The cable is pressed on a pin on the shift lever.
Just hose it down with some PB Blaster or similar and the start to pry it straight up. You'll get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts