DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2003 Concorde and I'm getting a strange low pitched hum from the front end when driving...

You can just start to hear it around 30MPH and it gets a little bit louder and the pitch slightly increases as I speed up.. If I put it in Neutral while at any speed the pitch doesn't change.

It doesn't sound at all like tire noise and it recently started, same tires..
It doesn't sound like it is coming from near the tires, more inboard...

Any ideas??

My guess would be a CV joint ??? How hard are they to replace or even identify if they are bad?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
It can be a Front Hub/Bearing Assembly, I had this happen twice to me on my 2000 Trep ES, on both sides. If you do one side, might as well do the other dude!, ;)

·
Registered
849 Posts
or it is probably just the plastic cowling on the hood near the windshield. mine vibrates at certain speeds making a weird humming sound. I put some plastic pieces into the clips that hold it on -- that fixed it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brought it to the shop.. It is/was a hub bearing.. I'm having them change it along with an oil change for $295 ... I don't have the time right now..

I'm affraid to ask... But, is something that anyone could do??
What would it cost if I tried it myself?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
about $100/side , (not including any brake problems, when inspected), and about $20.00 for an oil change. but your keeping your self clean, and saving the pain for the other guy,lol, its cool tho, I have those days tooO here and there,lol, but preferr to mainly do it my self.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts