DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the site & hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I've got a 2003 Intrepid 2.7L. Problem is I have no heat blowing from the vents. I've already flushed the cooling system, backflushed the heater core with no resistance in either direction, changed the thermostat, the car reaches normal operating temp and both heater core hoses going through the firewall are equally hot. Inside the vehicle the blower, recirculation door, mode door and a/c work fine. I did the self atc diagnostic test and came up with a 23 code which is the blend door actuator feedback failure code. I got a new actuator from the dealer lined it up to match the heater core slot, bolted it up and still no heat. I ran the test again and got the same code. I pulled the actuator back off and moved the temperature dial and there was no movement from the actuator motor. Unless I'm overthinking something my next step is to check the temp select signal going into the body control module. If anyone can give me the specific voltage or resistance values I'd greatly appreciate it. I have the complete wiring schematics but no values are indicated (thanks Haynes Repair Manual) and I may need a reference point from a working unit to determine the difference. Thanks for any help you may offer.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Look for the FSM on the board here for a full manual - then consider that the ATC units frequently go bad - but that doesn't help the lack of heat issue you've got - did you manually set the mode door (by hand) to blow heat, and try it out? Do you have heat then?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're definately right about the atc units going bad, I have not manually moved the heater core slot to check for heat at this point, but I will give it a shot and go from there. Thanks for a quick response.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Since you have a known code, and it sounded like a new motor didn't fix it, it is likely the head - but it is worth the final mechanical check to see that the heater system is working otherwise.

I don't know for sure, but I seem to think that the fix for the ATC units is talked about on here... Cold solder joints are the problem.

Take the head apart, touch every solder joint, and put it back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts