DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built off the Explorer platform..

Not a very original design is it? Looks just like it's big brother the Navigator. But that sells, so they are expecting this one also to sell...

Personally, an original design would have elicited a little more enthusiasm from me. The interior is good, but it almost an exact duplicate of the Navigator again.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'd buy one or tow :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
So it's kind of like a mini navigator am i right:bored: :bored: :bored:

I think the interior looks a hell of alot better, than the navigators interior.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I think the resemblance is intentional since it is supposed to be a baby Navigator.

Quite nice... I'd seriously think about getting one if I was in the market for an SUV, I love the interior.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wutang15m said:
So it's kind of like a mini navigator am i right:bored: :bored: :bored:

I think the interior looks a hell of alot better, than the navigators interior.
The Navigator has been "redisgned" for 2003 also. The interior also was part of the redesign...it is almost an exact copy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Personally I am really getting sick of SUVs. (yes I'm one of those that hates the whole SUV fad). I'm so glad that DC only has TWO SUVs (oops, correction: 3 with the liberty, 4 with the ramcharger, but that's only in mexico). Ford (including lincoln and mercury) has 7 SUVs, GM (including Chevy, Cadillac, Pontiac, and Saturn) has 14 :crazy: , Toyota has 5, 7 including Lexus. Honda has two (tolerable), Hundai has one, Kia has one, BMW (yuck) has one, MB has one (also yuck), yadda yadda yadda.

Anyone notice how hard it is to back out of a parking spot when you're surrounded by SUVs? I always love it when I'm taking a turn at an intersection and the person in the SUV (who can easily see OVER my car) sticks his nose out as far as possible so I have to wait till he goes before I can even see if there are any cars coming. (I'm venting)... blah blah blah, gas guzzling, more leanient emission standards, crash standards, not to mention it makes smaller cars less safe. I can go on, but I just live with it... this world is never going to realistically get rid of the SUV. They'll spread like a virus until every smaller car is consumed either by ditches, junk yards, or the belly of the SUV. YAY FOR HIGHER GAS PRICES!... my state has the highest gas tax rate... and it might be going up another 8 or 9 cents per gallon. Yippy. Thanx gas guzzlers. Supply and demand... SUVs demand it, gas stations supply it, and bathe in their riches. Two Texaco stations within 5 blocks of eachother. One is at $1.09 (very good price), the other is at $1.39 :hmmm: The more expensive one must be compensating for the higher price he pays over the price the other texaco station pays.... sure.

Yeah there are those that use the SUV for what it's made for, which is towing or hauling. But I see so many daily commuter suburbans and excursions... with no one else in it but the driver yappin away on a cell phone... and not towing anything. Is he/she trying to prove something?

OK I'm done venting. I hope I didn't offend anyone :wink:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I think that interior shot with the center console is nasty. It looks cheap and tasteless to me.:rolleyes: I agree about the parking and **** with the SUV's. I hate them for that. Also it seems like around here they like to drive like they own the road.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Blah, blah, blah :(

This exercise reminds me of how GM does business. I don't think more than one model is required for the market. Most luxury ute owners don't want truck based vehicles anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts