DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Not stubborn at all. Im not made out of money!!!!!!. http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/images/smilies/baller.gifTrust me if that was the case I would have already been at TGS house with a 4k check for his awesome SXT!!!!!!!!!Lol
Just wanted to make my car as nice as the ones in your pictures but around here there are not too many intrepids, concordes or 300 to choose from and in a very nice condition.
The one you are offering would be great, but you live pretty far away from me and like TGS said about his free seats the cost of shipping would be too expensive, plus I need the parts you are missing, the 2 wiring harnesses ect.

Trust me Im am grateful for all the help you guys are providing and hopefully keep coming.

I can do the work, not afraid at all, and I know its going to take a long time. Just like Peva said, I have invested a lot of money with the paint job and at the carpet, and the car is not worth it, but Im keeping the car and I want to make it as nice as possible.
It will be slow, but Ill get there, I will take a look at the junkyards soon, but my job is not cooperating right now. Pretty busy, including the weekends.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Again...you need to decide the interior configuration and the color combo. After that it's a matter of details.

Plenty of people on here have traveled distances to meet and transfer parts, myself included. That 300m Taupe/Light Taupe interior I got from a member in Canada and traveled from Alabama to Ohio to meet and get the parts. Are you not willing to travel a little bit to meet and get parts?

If you're flexible and do a reasonable road trip most of these parts will pit in your car. That includes a full set of seats in an Intrepid. I've done it before myself twice. See if the seller is willing to drive a little bit and you are too. hen decide on a price.

I've done Birmingham to Nashville and Birmingham to Indianapolis to get big parts. Along with the Birmingham to Dayton ohio. It's all about what you're willing to do. Gas is pretty cheap right now!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Also fit the 300m Dash, Door Panels, trim pieces and seats into an Intrepid in one trip!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Terry's Taupe Intrepid R/T leather seats with my 300m Taupe/Light Taupe interior would be a good combo. A perfect match.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hello to all,
Its been a few weeks. Finally finished with my annual evaluations and then took care of a situation with my family in Puerto Rico. Things a pretty nasty down there.
Any way last week had the opportunity to visit a few places looking for part for the Intrepid. Drove to Birmingham and Montgomery. Visited 3 places. Only found a 2001 300 M. The seats did not worked. The rest was not in good condition.

A friend of mine took 5 pictures of the car. Unfortunately they don't want to be uploaded to the post. It says error.
This weekend Im planning to go to Panama city Fl, to another pick and pull. I will keep you guys posted on the findings.

Leo

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Hello to all. Hope everybody had a great christmas and a happy new year.

Not much to add to the post. Last week I went to Panama City Fl, Pick and pull. Found 3 300m cars, 2 concords and 2 intrepids. Out of all the cars they have a 1998 Intrepid ES. The interior is surprisingly in good shape and has the floor shifter. My intent is to replace the entire interior to change my 2003 2.7 to the column shifter.
Is this even possible?
Is it swap, plug and play? I know that Rombo said that I have to change the harness in order to use the digital A/C control unit. Is the interior harness just plug and play? the 98 car has both electric seats and the small speakers on the window and the split rear seats. Can I use the rear seat in my 03? . Does my SE has the electrical connectors on the doors for the little speakers or do I ned to remove the ones from the 1998 car.
I am also going to Tallahassee Fl this saturday. I check the Pick and pull website and they have several intrepid, concords and 300m to check out.

On another note I found a small coolant leak under the engine. The car hasn't move since last November. Do you guys think it could be the water pump leaking?
I recently replaced the battery since the older one died and I have been cranking the engine to warm it for a few minutes every so often. I checked the oil and it does not look white and there is no foam in the coolant reservoir. However the coolant level looks very low. The engine makes no weird noises, it is very smooth and it does not overheat. Any Ideas?
There is the picture of the coolant leak.

Thanks in advance

Leo

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Trip to Tallahassee

Hello guys, I went to a Pick and Pull in Tallahassee. I was very happy to find some items I was looking for. Unfortunately not all works. Found a set of seats from a concord. They are both electric. I connected them to the car and they are very noisy, they move better than the one i had on my car but they don't move up or down, forward and aft is ok, the recliner works fine. Any one knows if the motors can be fixed? or I need to get new ones?

Also found a radio with the 3 buttons in the front, mine has 2 and the volume knob is hit and miss. I CANT USE IT!!!!!, the connector in the back is different on my car:hulk:!!!!
I did find the control head for my A/C unit, the fan know only had 2 speeds on mine, the one from the concord works fine. I also got the rear view mirrors from the concord. They are the ones that move. I also removed the wire harness from both doors. Did not have time today to remove mine and try the concord ones. I believed it was a 00 model. Found a seal for the trunk, mine is in need of replacement. The concord had the small speakers in the window as well. Looking forward to install them in my car. Tried to remove the infinity speakers from the concord door but for some reason I couldn't, did not want to break the door panel just in case some one os looking for one. I removed all the screws but did not wanted to come out. All the grey or black door panels were broken or cracked and faded, same with the dash from the intrepid or the concords.
There is a 1998 intrepid es in Panama city that has decent dark grey door panels and split rear seat. Can I install the rear split seats on my SE? How does that tab to open the seat work? I may go there next saturday to get them if you guys tell me that can be done.
Can I use WD-40 on the seats electric motors to try and make them work?

These are the photos of the stuff I bought.

Attachments

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
I can see the attached pictures at the bottom of post#87.

FYI...Radios from 1008-2001 and Base 2002 cars will have 2x 7 pin connectors on the back and won't work in 2002-2004 cars without a wiring harness adapter. Have you thought about buying an OEM radio with RDS? They'll be plug-n-play.

It's at the top of the stack in my picture of radios.

Not sure if there's an OEM for 02-04 cars with a 3 band equalizer. I'll have to look in my stock.

There are different versions with different options. AM/FM/Tape, AM/FM/CD, AM/FM/CD/Tape. Then throw in the option of CD changer controller. There's also a version with a built-in 6 disc CD changer. I believe I have all of them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Hello Rombo,
thanks for the reply. At the moment I could not see the uploaded pictures from post #87. I guess there was a lot of problems with the forum recently. I can today, but... those 2 pictures you posted look like 2 small x's right now. Cant see any of them.

What is RDS.

Also do you happen to know if those 2 door wire harnesses can be installed on my SE model?
If not Is there a way to at least find the wire that operates the rear view mirror and splice into it? (just in case the connectors coming from the harness of the car into the harness of the door do not provide the features since my car is an SE model with just the basics and the concord had all the features.

Thanks in advance

Leo

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Hey guys
the forum did not allow me to put the entire link to the website. It is s system from seicane for 2002, 03, 04 , Intrepid, Dakota, and Durango.
I found it when doing a search fro OEM RDS radio on google.
Do you think it is worth taking a look at?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
About the only thing that will work in your SE with those Concorde mirrors is the positioning. No Memory, No Heat and No Auto Dim. Basically the Concorde mirrors will work like your fixed standard SE mirrors and that's it. You'll be able to fold them in at least.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
I'm guessing you don't want to buy from any members for parts? With that in mind good luck to you!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Good morning guys

Just spend all day yesterday working on the car. Try to replace the harness from the concord with mine. Did not worked. Bottom connector was different from mine.

Was trying to use the rear view mirror and the courtesy lights from the concord but ohh well. The friend that was helping me said I might be able to use the 3 wires that comes from my car and find the wires from the We also disassemble the passenger seat completely. It was moving forward and aft and reclining but not up and down. After removing all the components we checked all the motors and gears and all worked fine. The problem was all hinges were seize because of rust.
With a lot penetrating oil they are moving fine now. We had to cut the one way metal washers from the frame, to remove the rails for cleaning. hope I can find some replacements!!!!!!!!!

Connected the wire harness by removing the door and put lots of silicone to seal, hopefully preventing the water leak.

Send the cover of the windshield wiper to clean and paint, they look nice.

I'm going to return both harnesses and the radio back this week.

Sending some pictures from all the fun I had yesterday.
Take care guys

Rombo sent a PM

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Hello guys
Hope all are doing great
Since i got furlough today i decided to go and return to Tallahassee the parts from the concord that did not matched the intrepid, took all the door harnesses, side mirrors and the radio. Got credit at the pick and pull. While there i took the time to check a few more items i want to swap.

For example can i swap the instrument cluster from a 2001 concord to my 03 SE? It is in a very nice condition and i like the black and silver gauges.

Can u use the rear folding seats from a 99 300m, how hard is to remove the section were the folding seats attach to the car?

Rombo did you get my PM?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I would be careful swapping in a 2001 cluster.
Wiring changes between 2001 and 2002.
It may not work correctly (you may get a bunch of red lights).

You can use the seats from a 300m. No problem.
You just lift it up and out just like your rear seat.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Thanks tgs
I cant wait to start driving her again
About the rear 300 folding seats, how do you remove the part that hold the seat in the rear position, the seat has a small leather strap that you pull and allows the seat to move forward, then you can see the latching mechanism. That is the part i want to take out.

So nono on the concord cluster, good copy. Too bad it looks really nice.
Take care
If you get in contact with Rombo tell him i sent a PM
Thanks
Leo

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
The folding seats have a frame with the latches and all.

You remove the nuts and bolts at the bottom and then lift up and out.
The complete frame with latches and cushions come out as one piece.

Much easier with two people.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts