DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 sxt which I liked alot, but now I'm stumped with some check engine problems. Last weekend I got a p0344 and the car intermittenley bucked and missed. I learned from other threads on this site that my camshaft position sensor could be the problem. I replaced the sensor for $51 and the car ran great for 100miles or so. Then, this afternoon, I could feel it starting to miss while lightly accelerating. About 10minutes later the check engine light comes back on. Now the code is p0108 (MAP sensor). The 0344 code for camshaft sensor also is back. The car has 55k on it so the warranty is history. Any help is greatly apprecitated. MAybe I should have kept my 95 trep. EC

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
ecrane99 said:
Now the code is p0108 (MAP sensor).
Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor is located on the drivers side of the upper intake manifold plenum. Check the terminals in the connector & the wires that lead to the sensor for looseness and breaks. Chances are that you will need to clear the codes again after disconnecting the conector from the MAP sensor.
The sloppiness that you speak of could be something as simple as your tranny fluid needing to be replaced.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Check all of the wire connectors. Somewhere these sensors probably share a 5volt power feed or a ground.One bad connection point can give you a lot of bad check engine codes

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I dunno but that warrenty sucked. lol What ever happend to the 100,000 10 year EVERYTHING ?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Peppa Boy said:
I dunno but that warrenty sucked. lol What ever happend to the 100,000 10 year EVERYTHING ?
Never was such a thing for Chrysler.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'm not 100% sure I agree with the above statement. It seems to me many years ago Chrysler did offer a 7/100,000 warranty for a short period. Elsewise, they do fequently offer 7/70,000 which I enjoy on the R/T as opposed to the measley 3/36,000 on Strat Cat...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Peppa Boy said:
Mitsubishi is the only ones offering that now.......10 year, 160,000km powertrain, 5 year bumper to bumper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts