DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started driving 2004 concord lxi 3.5 ho but it is too quiet looking to free up the breathing with a filter cone but there looks like a second small breather to the left of the pipe going from the air box.

What is it? as it's not on my 94 concord 3.5.

Can i just take it off when i remove the pipe and air box?

Don't want to hurt anything or cause codes etc.

Its just too damn quiet!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
If you're referring to the small box connected the intake pipe next to the strut tower, than yeah it is ok to remove its just a useless resonator. If thats not what you mean then try to be more specific(a pic would be great).

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup the little box. Would that be like the funnel thing in the ist gen air tube to make it quieter?

I have a nice piece of 3" stainless just looking for a home!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 1st gen, but I know that you don't need that box on the 2nd gen 3.5. Click on my sig page below and you can see a pic of my intake.

·
Registered
467 Posts
the resonator is one of those useless pieces of garbage the manufacturer throws in to make the car quieter.

if you're really looking to upgrade your intake tract, go 3" all the way to the throttle body with silicone couplers and a good quality filter. do it once, do it right.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oor/t yup just what i'm thinking except for a chrysler logo on the pipe!

95pgttech where do i find silicone elbows?

·
Registered
467 Posts
well, you can find them just about anywhere, even on ebay. but what I recommend is:

ATP Turbo

now, granted, $39.00 seems like a lot, and it is. But to me, it's worth it. If you design your system right, you only need one or two. I personally have a couple sets of these couplers that I got off a bulk buy, between my Probe, a bunch of other owners, I recommend these to everyone. One particular set I have has seen hundreds of passes down the track and are still looking brand new.

I wouldn't buy the ebay stuff, it's cheap, and for a reason, it falls apart, and that crap can really cause problems. if your concern is cost, I'm sure there is some middle ground of good quality but less price than this, but this is what I recommend.

I would also recommend T-bolt clamps rather than worm type, as worm type tends to wreck your silicone expensive couplers. and t-bolt just looks freaking bad-ass. :bigok:

by the way...if you design the intake correctly, you can do it will all straight silicone couplers and no bends...straights are $6.50 each in 3" from ATP...good luck finding better bang/buck than that :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts