DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the rear brakes and rotors on a 2004 Concorde LX, 2.7 engine.
There are many OEM and after market products. The car has 95K miles.
What is the best after market brand and type brakes and rotor to buy?
Thanks.

gknitz.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Bendix rotors are always a good investment. Brembo OEM style rotors are good too. Also, if you go with Bendix, try and get the "Premium Rotors" up front. They cost slightly more, but have better venting and such because they are the PHP rotors.

As far as pads go, you get what you pay for. If you buy cheapo $20 pads, they are gonna squeak, dust heavily, and you will have problems. The best you can buy are the Wagner Thermoquiets, they are $53 for the fronts, not sure on rear. I am running Hawk pads in the rear and Wearever Gold up front and dont have any problems.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i got the wagner thermo quiet ceramic edge pads on the net for 30.00 for the front from autopart123.com and they cover shipping on orders over 50.00. i will deal with again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the front brakes done last year at the dealer so I only need rear brakes.

Do I need heavy duty brakes?

Should I get Ceramic or Semi-Metallic or Non-Asbestos Organic brakes?

Should I buy;

Akebono ?
Bendix ?
Centric ?
EBC ?
Hawk ?
Kool Vue ?
NPN ?
PBR ?
Perf Friction ?
Raybestos ?

And what do I need to know about rotors?

Thanks,
gknitz

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Just buy the most expensive pads you can afford. Bendix makes good stuff, same with Raybestos.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ya valuecraft = cheap material made to make your rotors get killed and have to be turned down in less than a month. Duralast or Bendix in my favor.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would stay away from autozone pads also. They constantly warped my rotors and needed to be replaces almost every 6 months. I brought last set of pads and rotors from carquest and its been about a year now with no issues

·
Registered
38 Posts
anything other than a ceramic pad will most likely produce more dust, if you can afford them get them, raybestos as mentioned before are a fine brand. I have ran the duralast ceramics from autozone too, no problems, but I drive S-L-O-W.... definately not speed racer here... the bottom line as mentioned by MEGATREP.... get the best you can afford, chances are it will be a very long time before you have to replace them again, I have 98000 miles on my car, factory pads in the back...still fine...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts