DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air works GREAT, cools car in seconds! Heat fires out, warms car up immediately! However, when you turn the control switch to send heat to your feet or up to defrost a.m. windshield....it stays right on face. HELP!

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Possibly a bad mode door actuator.

Do you have manual temperature control (MTC) or automatic temperature control (ATC)?

Run the diagnostics, which will calibrate the 3 doors, and will give you error codes (which may tell you that the door actuator motor is bad) if there is a problem. The door calibration may fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly a bad mode door actuator.

Do you have manual temperature control (MTC) or automatic temperature control (ATC)?

Run the diagnostics, which will calibrate the 3 doors, and will give you error codes (which may tell you that the door actuator motor is bad) if there is a problem. The door calibration may fix it.

"Thank you!"

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Not to sound stupid,(just ignorant) but how do you run diagnostics on the climate control? I have manual climate control on 93or4 intrepid.
By the way, I have an old snap on brick scan tool.
Here's a 1st gen manual:

See section 24-33 (page 426) for manual temperature control system self diagnostics.

I have never owned or worked on a 1st gen., so am not much help. If further help is needed, you might start a separate thread in a 1st-gen-specific sub-forum and see if someone will respond with the information you need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's a 1st gen manual:

See section 24-33 (page 426) for manual temperature control system self diagnostics.

I have never owned or worked on a 1st gen., so am not much help. If further help is needed, you might start a separate thread in a 1st-gen-specific sub-forum and see if someone will respond with the information you need.
Here's a 1st gen manual:

Thank you for the info. And yes I'm slow at responding. Full time job to support my farming addiction (has to be an addiction as there are no benefits since our country is doing everything it can to eliminate farmers and every other independent business) and mechanic on the side to make ends meet, along with trying to spend some time with my grandkids, of which there is never enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts