Discussion Starter #1
This is my new ride.
2004 Dodge Intrepid SXT (White)
3.5 Liter
Leather seats
Premium sound
Sun roof
Still looking to see what else it has.

Needs tranny solenoid and inner tie rod ends installed at this time for sure, but the engine runs rock solid and smooth.

I took a chance getting it from a wholesale used car dealer and paid 2500.00, and it turns out he had reset the trouble codes on it. Sale was as is, and even though this is annoying, I still feel that I have the makings of one very nice car after I get the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Then they were definitely professionally installed, because the installation was done flawlessly.
The switch that controls the sun roof is even a factory part of the overhead light.
Also the sliding panel inside of the vehicle that hides the sun roof is an exact match for the interior.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
That SXT is not stock. From what I see Leather seats and moonroof have been added.

Looks good.
You've got to be kidding.
You are joking, right?

3.5HO, wing, fog lights, leather and sun roof are all very common for a highly optioned SXT.
I bet it has a real nice Infinity system, OTIS, ATC, split folding rear seat back, Auto dimming mirror...The full meal deal!

The reason I say you must be kidding is because NOBODY is going to go through all the trouble
and expense to cut a whole and add a sun roof in a 2004 Intrepid. And you've been
around here long enough to know better! :D

--Terry

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
You've got to be kidding.
You are joking, right?

3.5HO, wing, fog lights, leather and sun roof are all very common for a highly optioned SXT.
I bet it has a real nice Infinity system, OTIS, ATC, split folding rear seat back, Auto dimming mirror...The full meal deal!

The reason I say you must be kidding is because NOBODY is going to go through all the trouble
and expense to cut a whole and add a sun roof in a 2004 Intrepid. And you've been
around here long enough to know better! :D

--Terry
I've been around here a while. I have seen plenty of SXT's first hand as well. This is one of the few that I have seen that had leather and a sunroof. All the other options I know about hence why I did not state them. I am not saying someone added the sunroof aftermarket. Someone selected it as an OPTION that most people DO NOT select.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My 2003 sxt did not come with leather seat. I purchased mine a year or so ago locally. Frome the original owner and at the time . The only option he order with his is the sunroof. He wanted leather seat , but at the time he thought the extra cash to spend on the seats was a waste of money. So my sxt is pretty plain except for the factory sunroof , trunk spoler, fog light was all factory option at the time of order And chrome momentums . And 3.5 h.o i think was standard if im not mistaken. i wish it did have leather seats. i found a set at the yard .but it has been raining lately and besides i dont have a truck to move them yet.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
The sunroof in my son's 2003 SXT was installed by the dealer, looks factory but it isn't so! Matching the interior to close it off in the headliner isn't a big deal, the pro's do it all the time. His switch was also installed in the center of the map light making it appear "factory", but it isn't.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
My 2003 sxt did not come with leather seat. I purchased mine a year or so ago locally. Frome the original owner and at the time . The only option he order with his is the sunroof. He wanted leather seat , but at the time he thought the extra cash to spend on the seats was a waste of money. So my sxt is pretty plain except for the factory sunroof , trunk spoler, fog light was all factory option at the time of order And chrome momentums . And 3.5 h.o i think was standard if im not mistaken. i wish it did have leather seats. i found a set at the yard .but it has been raining lately and besides i dont have a truck to move them yet.
3.5 H.O. is standard for the SXT.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
looks nice! What trouble codes are you getting?

p0706
p0562
p1776
p0841

I've found that after the car has been driven about 30 miles the transmission performs flawlessly, but before then if I exceed 45 miles an hour, and then have to decelerate to below that, the engine will buck once randomly and then the car goes into limp mode. Pulling over and restarting the car is the only way to get the car working in all gears again.

I'm thinking of trying to pick up new input and output transmission sensors tomorrow and throwing them in. Can't hurt and from what I have been reading in my research, might just correct the issue.

Any advise?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
p0706
p0562
p1776
p0841

I've found that after the car has been driven about 30 miles the transmission performs flawlessly, but before then if I exceed 45 miles an hour, and then have to decelerate to below that, the engine will buck once randomly and then the car goes into limp mode. Pulling over and restarting the car is the only way to get the car working in all gears again.

I'm thinking of trying to pick up new input and output transmission sensors tomorrow and throwing them in. Can't hurt and from what I have been reading in my research, might just correct the issue.

Any advise?
I agree with you. Input and output speed sensors are not too expensive.
A bit of a pain getting them in/out but relatively cheap and easy compared to other tranny fixes.
Remember, it's always a good idea to disconnect the negative battery post
before disconnecting anything electrical...

--Terry

1 - 20 of 69 Posts