DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you might be interested in seeing what the competition has up their sleeves for the next Gen Grand Prix.

This is a concept from the Chicago Show, but supposedly it's a very mildly disguised version of the 2004 GP. Doesn't look much different in shape, but no 2 door will be produced.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
It is my understanding that Pontiac is phasing out all four door cars altogether, save for the Sunfire.

Pity, Pontiac and Oldsmobile used to have the most unique vehicles in the company.

Is Pontiac going the way of Olds? (i.e. Will they be extinct in a few years?)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by LHSer:

Pity, Pontiac and Oldsmobile used to have the most unique vehicles in the company.

Is Pontiac going the way of Olds? (i.e. Will they be extinct in a few years?)
Yeah, it has been brought up how either Pontiac or Buick might be the next to go

It is my understanding that Pontiac is phasing out all four door cars altogether, save for the Sunfire.
Speaking of which...here's a front end view of the 2003 Sunfire. According to www.thecarconnection.com, the whole car has been redone and is drastically different looking(???) Looks like the same car to me with a new fascia plopped on the front. Will have to wait and see I guess.

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That new GP looks pretty sweet ass. The Sunfire on the other hand, has a face only the engineers could love. :p

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
"Is Pontiac going the way of Olds? (i.e. Will they be extinct in a few years?)"

Maybe, but Chrysler may have one foot in the grave and the other on a bannana peel.(I.E weak product design,a 2 year void of new product,quality that just plain sucks,and a parent company that doesn't understand the North american low end market. not to mention the departure of almost every good management person.)

Also no cash to work with. DC saw to that.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that I look at that new GP...it kinda has the profile of the 2nd Gen Treps a little? Think so? :confused:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Now that you mention it, it kinda does. The hood on the Trep is a bit shorter I think, but they do have a similar outline.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Take a look at URL=http://www.pontiac.com/pontiacjsp/grandprix/gforce/main.html?source=concept]2004 Pontiac GP[/URL]

Our boys in Detroit had better step up to the plate now that GM has Lutz. 280hp and 280 torque, paddle shifting on the wheel. Keeping up with a GT is tough enough with the 3.5 now. This could really hurt.

darren

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
All I know is that car is sweet as hell. I want one NOW! 280HP, 280 ft/lbs and STICK! That thing hasta HAUL!! also, no more acclereator cable, completely electronic throttle control.... sweet...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
When I first saw the pic, I thought of the Charger R/T concept. Looks like DC got beat to the punch on their 3rd Gen?

·
Registered
680 Posts
it's a damn shame that there's not going to be anymore Firebirds and Camaros.
hopefully they'll be like ford with it's thunderchinken, ( i mean thunderbird) and re-release it in 4-6 years after the set close date.

·
Registered
562 Posts
it's a damn shame that there's not going to be anymore Firebirds and Camaros.
I am sure they will be ack soon than people think. back and badder than ever!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I think we should call Conan O'Brien and try to get this car on "If They Mated" because it looks like a Grand Am and a Bonneville had sex and produced that incest beast. The power output is nice.. if it makes it to production. I think they should just say f#ck it and bring the Holden Monaro over here.

I don't think Pontiac is going anywhere, it is the same reason why Dodge isn't. Basically, these makes are popular for the middle aged crowd that still has an active lifestyle and doesn't want a bland POS Camry.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Maverick9110E said:
if u ask me it looks like an acura me=no like me= rather wait for next gen intrepid:sneaky2:
...that is if it is even called "Intrepid" anymore. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts