DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been signed up for a month or two but thought i'd put up a recent picture of a trip out of Winnipeg to a park known as Beaudry Park. Was a wickedly frosty day and made for some great shots. Heres a link to the complete album with all my shots from that day:

PicasaWebAlbum

**link fixed, apparently picasa from google doesn't like hotlinking

Reactions: OneSpecialM

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the color was appealing when I bought the car but its grown on me sooo much. I think some tint would set it off nicely as well.

As far as the snow goes not much I can do about that - except enjoy plowing through some of the accumulated snow on the roads with confidence... the 3.5L and some quality winter tires really really make it easy to get around even during some of our heavy snowfalls. I did however get a bit stuck on new years eve - turned off traction control and got unstuck in a hurry to say the least.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Glmwpg said:
I thought the color was appealing when I bought the car but its grown on me sooo much. I think some tint would set it off nicely as well.

As far as the snow goes not much I can do about that - except enjoy plowing through some of the accumulated snow on the roads with confidence... the 3.5L and some quality winter tires really really make it easy to get around even during some of our heavy snowfalls. I did however get a bit stuck on new years eve - turned off traction control and got unstuck in a hurry to say the least.
Hey Glowplug (sorry, that's what your screen name reminds me of, lol!), I noticed that you also have a '92 Daytona IROC R/T. How do you like that thing! I was looking at buying a white one several years ago due to the rarity and performance. Doesn't it have something like 224 HP stock?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Intrepid has black leather interior - Thanks for the compliments BTW!

The IROC R/T is an absolute blast.. I purchased the car in 1999 and while I would be lying if I said it was a) reliable or b) an investment, each and every time I get into the car it puts a smile on my face. It certainly is unique to say the least. 224hp and 217ftlbs of torque stock. What seperates this car from the rest of the Daytonas is the 16v head from Lotus. It is not a daily driver by any stretch of the imagination, but really can bring a surprising smile to your face when someone chases you down in traffic just to confirm its an IROC R/T. Not many Daytonas left period nevermind the R/Ts!

Few more R/T pics available here... some rebuild pics and that sort of thing:
http://glmwpg.com/daytona/

Thanks,
Glowplug :)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
DIT said:
Looks real nice love that color. I agree tint woudl def set it off.
see dit now thats what you should have gotten!!!

very very nice looking car man!
and as i've said before, this is the only other color of Intrepid that I definitely like more than silver (and as the founding member of the Silver Treps, thats a big deal :p )

·
Registered
245 Posts
i really really like that color!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd love to meet another TD/trepid fan.. there are a few in our city but always seem quite spread out! You would have to park next to my (Daytona) R/T... its out of comission currently... we haven't "spoken" since last august! miss that turbo sound though.. I find myself trailing the City of Wpg buses at times just to hear the turbo(s) spool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts