DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is still interested in buying a 2004 Intrepid, there are some really nice incentives offered right now.
  • $4,000 cash back (Get an R/T for an SE price)
  • ...or 0% financing on any term loan.
You obviously can't order them anymore, but whatever is left on the lots are going to have great deals.

Think on this:

A 2004 SE comes very nicely equipped from the factory with power everything, A/C and automatic trans. It base prices at $22K. If you can talk the dealer down to $20.5K, after rebates you are only paying $16.5K for a brand new full sized car, which is about the price for a loaded Neon.

Something to think about! ;)

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Ok, I'm not trying to be silly here. But has DC fixed the alleged sludge problems in the 04 SE's? If so, then yes a great deal.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Trying to convince my mom to get one. The sebring is junk, (lots of electric problems) So she is looking for a new car, and a local dealer has a nice, black metallic sxt. She said she likes it alot, but still doesnt know. Even this wont convince here. :rolleyes: The only nice Intrepid left there, prolly the last one ever, the rest are foglightless, kinda bla with wheel covers. :dozeoff: Wish i could get it.:mg:

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
not to flame any wars, but if i were to buy a new intrepid, i would get one with a 3.2 or a 3.5. again i am sorry to anyone i have upset but, thats the way it is

·
Registered
836 Posts
dabirdz96 said:
not to flame any wars, but if i were to buy a new intrepid, i would get one with a 3.2 or a 3.5. again i am sorry to anyone i have upset but, thats the way it is
:confused: How would ya start anything? I agree. I dont think I would ever get a 2nd gen with out a 3.2 or 3.5. You should see this SXT though, at the dealer. Holy man is it nice! Its the exact same as this:

*sorry if this anyones car on the forums, the user is paulssxt at cardomain.*

·
Registered
217 Posts
Damn man I would be all over that!

·
Registered
870 Posts
If I were to get a 2nd gen I would get nothing BUT the 3.5. I'm simply spoiled with mine!! :D

·
9,861 Posts
crombie said:
Ok, I'm not trying to be silly here. But has DC fixed the alleged sludge problems in the 04 SE's? If so, then yes a great deal.
The problem is mostly with the older 2.7Ls. DC has improved the design over time. The newer ones are more reliable. How much more, remains to be seen.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Don't buy any Chrysler untill they rehire the two great employees that they fired.

Boycott DC.........

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got $4000 rebate when I bought mine.
Plus $1000 Lease Loyalty (I lease all my vehicles)
Plus an additional $500 for owning a business.

This is is what I got:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I got a measley 2000 rebate. Now the "deeper" discounts, along with the massive marketing of Intrepids to rental fleets, has had two predictable results. 1st, the reliability ratings are not consistant with a "retail" vehicle, and 2nd, the resale value has been dropping like a rock. Good job, Chrysler!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Some good news: My parents are prob. going to get the SXT! yee-haww. Just wish there was still autostick though. Oh-well. I guess they are gonna talk to the dealer again about a price on monday or tuesday. :) My mom is usually awesome at getting the price down, dont know how she does it.:confused: Its funny, they are starting to oogle the car almost as bad as I am. Another nice feature is the cold weather group on it, especially since its always cold in the winter here. :D :D :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
SILVER BULLET said:
..... and 2nd, the resale value has been dropping like a rock. Good job, Chrysler!
I know it sucks for you new car buyers but it was great for me! Picked up my '02 in Feb '03 for 14k. Almost felt guilty.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ya no ****, the same dealer has a 01 300M, black, for 20 g, and an es, another 01 for 14. Both have decent miles. I told my mom that if the 300M is in good shape and all, it would be a much, much better buy than the 04. But that didnt work, so what their looking for, the new trep is alot better than other new cars. To bad my dad wont even consider used cars anymore, because for some reason he said my trep was a horrible, un-reliable POS. Ya, ok... So now used cars are bad, they are the devil, and EVERYTHING will go wrong with them, and its a waste of money. He truely is a moaron sometimes. They paid 17 grand for the Sebring new. How much is it worth now? $6,420. So thats an $11,000 drop in 2 years. Wow, yup new cars all the way.....:rolleyes: :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts