DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 04 Intrepid with the 2.7 ( i know i know, but the joker was clean and ran great and i got it for a steal)...in any case i can drive it for hours on end and it will drive fine, i park it outside and come back, and it will crank and die imediatly....if i try and recrank it without turning the key back to off it will just spin and spin and not fire, if i turn the key to off and try again it will crank, and after 2 or 3 times of cranking and holding the gas to about 2-3000 rpms it will then idle and run fine....i was thinking cam shaft pos sensor....sometimes it wont happen for a few days, then it will for 3-5 times that day. and there is no check engine light or codes..yall got any idea

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Vapor Lock?
check for misfire codes?
P0300- multiple cylinder misfire
P030X- X being from 1-6

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MikeW said:
Vapor Lock?
check for misfire codes?
P0300- multiple cylinder misfire
P030X- X being from 1-6
no codes.....i dont think vapor lock cause it seems like its related to turning all the way off and then trying to crank

·
Registered
843 Posts
Sounds like an intermittant cam or crank sensor. Mine used to do that same thing, took a little while for it to throw a code for it though.When it did it was the cam sensor.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
silrturbo said:
what's vapor lock?
It is when the liquid gasoline turns to gaseous gasoline in the fuel rail or fuel injector, because it is too hot.
Because chrysler cheaped out and did not put an after run coolant pump. The 2.8 VR6 has one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
MikeW said:
It is when the liquid gasoline turns to gaseous gasoline in the fuel rail or fuel injector, because it is too hot.
Because chrysler cheaped out and did not put an after run coolant pump. The 2.8 VR6 has one.
darn chrysler! is there any aftermarket "afterrun" coolant pump? or anything to improve or prevent vapor lock? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts