DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! I have a friend at work that actually has a dodge intrepid 2004 2.7 edition. I haven't been here in like 6 months now! I still have my beautiful dark blue 2000 Dodge intrepid 2000 edition and it is running like a champ (hence, the reason for me not being on here...). Well, anyways, I told the dude at my job how to do the code check and he came up with the 0700 code and he told me the gear was stuck in 2nd. So naturally I told him to replace the input and output sensor. He says he changed them and the gear still gets stuck in second after he goes about 60mph and he must pull over and reset the computer by disconnecting the battery to make it work normally again. I told him it was probably the solenoid pack that needed to be replaced. Please let me know if this is correct, or please show a diagram of the soleniod location so that he can replace it himself. Thanks in advance for all your comments and help!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He told me it is no longer under warranty...hence, the reason I am here... Does anyone have a diagram of the Transmission Solenoid??? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
"How-To" section, 2nd Gen Factory Service Manual on 2nd page of thread,
Chapter 21.....No, I won't print it out for you....
I'm about positive your friend won't tear apart his transaxle unless he's been into an automatic transmission before...
Recheck for malfunction codes again--something else is going on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Need to read the codes at Autozone, or similar. Get the P1XXX code that the key dance won't give you. Then check the service manual from there. I had that problem on my '03, but it was still under the 7/70. Valve got hung up inside the valve body because of a seal defect.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much! It was the valve stuck inside the valve body. It cost my friend about $700 to get it fixed! Thanks guys...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts