DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 4-door, 2006 Chrysler Sebring. I bought it with only 10K as it was a program car previously. I have noticed the steering wheel shakes with a strong vibration when I come to a stop. Is there any reason for this vibration/any way to fix it?

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Well first off you are in the wrong forum. Welcome anyways. Most likely the rotors are worped. you may be able to have them recut but it may be better to change them it is easy to do.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Depending on the in service date that the vehicle was put in, it may still be under the 12 month 12K mile brake warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
95trep3.3 said:
Well first off you are in the wrong forum. Welcome anyways. Most likely the rotors are worped. you may be able to have them recut but it may be better to change them it is easy to do.
I know I'm in the wrong forum, but the build is basically identical to a dodge & I coudln't find a Chrysler forum.

The vibrating doesn't start until the car is completely stopped, like at a stop light. It doesn't vibrate when cruising or braking at all. Its just at the complete stop. Would that still be warped rotors?

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
No that would not be the rotors. That may be a coil pack or one of the plugs.
I would recomend taking it to the dealer it should still have a warranty.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
ecsmith said:
I know I'm in the wrong forum, but the build is basically identical to a dodge & I coudln't find a Chrysler forum.

The vibrating doesn't start until the car is completely stopped, like at a stop light. It doesn't vibrate when cruising or braking at all. Its just at the complete stop. Would that still be warped rotors?
well yes it is a chrysler product but in no way is it close to intrepid (look under the hood it says Mitisubshi)

anyway it does sound like its got a miss ,, but thats just a guess at best

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
DrDodge said:
well yes it is a chrysler product but in no way is it close to intrepid (look under the hood it says Mitisubshi)

anyway it does sound like its got a miss ,, but thats just a guess at best
4 door Sebrings were not Mitsu cars at all, they were completely designed by Chrysler and used Chrysler components.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The '06 Sebring is basically a Dodge Stratus in design.

BTW, I found a Chrysler forum: chryslerforum

However, not much activity there.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
I stand corrected,,, sorryyyyyyyyy
i must be thinking older,,, thanks for the info

·
Registered
506 Posts
Before you go to alot of trouble try one simple little thing.

Run a bottle of STP SUPER CONSENTRATED injector cleaner in the fuel. You my be surprised. A dirty injector can cause a nasty idle. $2.69 a Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
None of the links above will be good for you. Stratusphere is for the 1st gen strats. Try this: www.2gss.org
They're down at the moment because they're upgrading their boards, but they should be up in a day or two.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts