DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the heater tube from a 3.5 charger The other one was screwed up and not sealing properly and it's probably because they bent the tube to make it reach these connecting points is there supposed to be spacers there for screwing it down..
or do you have to tweak the tube to make it fit because it did not seat properly with when they did it the last time
Here's a picture of what the end of the tube looks like on the old one

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,991 Posts
Not sure I understand what you're asking, but if you're installing this on an LH car, make sure its the correct tube to start with. Years ago I am pretty sure one of the original LH tubes superseded to the same one as the early LX engines; but I cant be sure; if you're just trying to use a tube off of a 2008 3.5 on an earlier one, you may have the wrong tube.

There are no spacers, and yes the fit it not great and sometimes you have to bend the brackets to get the tube to seat correctly. Put some RTV around the Oring before you mount it in the manifold to help prevent future problems as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new tube is basically identical to the old one except for that end with the connector that has the o-ring.
If you look at the picture after it makes that 90° bend the new tube is just a tad bit longer before the o-ring then the old tube is other than that everything else matches One rain if that's like a dormant defect or if it's something I got to tweak because getting it down flat for the screws to work bends the tube up out of the hole to where it doesn't seat properly and the old ring starts coming out. It's dorman part 626311 listed for the 2008 Dodge Charger 3.5

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,991 Posts
If you're installing it on a Charger, it looks like the wrong tube.

I'd check with the dealer to see what the correct tube is and verify that against the one you bought.

Aftermarket parts are horrible on these cars and often dont fit, or dont last, so for sanity's sake its usually better to pay a little bit more at the dealer.

They have also redesigned this tube several times (both for LH and LX cars), and there were a few different versions of it; so Dorman may not have all that information. There was also a service bulleting on the earlier ones requiring a new tube of a different part number and a couple other pieces---not sure all the details its been a while since I've messed with one.

I've had to bend the brackets on a few of them to get them to seat straight but never more than a 1/4 inch or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I can see tweaking the brackets a little bit but for this it'll have to stretch them about a quarter of an inch or more than they just something's off..
I'll hunt around and see if I can find the information like you said with the different parts for the charger till I can call the dealer tomorrow and find out from them.
well I haven't had much luck for what searching I've done on the internet so far everything points back to that same dorman part

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Looks like a wrong tube to me. There are no spacers or "Tweaking" involved installing the tube. The brackets should fit square to the intake and the tube should have just enough pressure on the o-ring to seal the joint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts