DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if there is any interest in an Iowa Meet?

There is also a International Meet in April but figured we could maybe have an Iowa Meet then meet up in Schaumburg, IL 60173 for the International Meet. I have seen there is about 5 or so new Iowa Members on this board. This would be a great chance to meet other members, get help with mods and just have a relaxing day talking to other people who own similar cars. Remember all of our cars are daily drivers none of them are new cars and none are snow cars. So dont let that throw you guys away.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
445 Posts
Are you thinking April? Anytime during the school year - basically late August through Early May isn't going to work for me. Summer months it "COULD" be possible if I had a couple months in advance to get off work and/or make sure its scheduled around other things (trips with friends, family time, etc.)

Otherwise, I would definitely be interested.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We can do it whenever. I'm forsure going to the meet in Chicago in April but we can hold the Iowa Meet off until June/Julyish. Hell I've been to 3 meets in Chicago and they were all about a month apart lol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm up for an Iowa meet, but I don't think I'll make it to Chicago... Money's just a bit tight at the moment. Anytime's fine with me. Anywhere's fine too, so long as its central to most of the attendants. A good chunk of advanced warning would be nice to schedule properly with work & such.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Remember all of our cars are daily drivers none of them are new cars and none are snow cars. So don't let that throw you guys away.
Mine is definitely a Snow car. I have a tricked out 55 chevy that I plan on taking to some shows this year, Good Guys in Des Moines for example.

Anyway, my trep is so embarresing that I refuse to let it out of the garage after April. Then again, the way this year is going it might wait until June!:heh_heh:

·
Registered
715 Posts
i would like to attend as well, but after school lets out would work best for me. so anytime after april (graduation in may, but that is just one day!!). i would rather wait for nicer weather for sure. anywhere in the state works for me. if we can get members interested from surrounding states (IL, MN, etc) perhaps we can drift to one side of the state or the other. count me in. also, contact DrD5 (first gen). dan is in des moines, last i knew and has a very nice 1g. i am sure he would like to get in on the fun!!

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent Dan (DrD5) a pm. From the pictures I have seen he has a very nice low mile 1st gen.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Oh Man!!! I'm in. Even thought I'm in Minneapple, I'd still be willing to meet anywhere anytime. Hell this gets me excited. I'm gonna love seein everyone's Treps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
*Cough* Quad Cities *Cough*. Since i live in Davenport a meet close to here would be great. I could also travel to Ceder Rapids.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like we got it down to Cedar Rapids or Quad Cities. I'm leaning towards Cedar Rapids. They both are really not that bad of a drive for any of us IMO. When do you guys want to have this meet? Remember, we can have more then one. We can set one up and if the snow is still here and we decide to cancel it we can. We can also have a couple in the summer so more can attend/travel. Totally up to you guys.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts