DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodbye Crown Vic...hello...Taurus? Well, whatever it is...I will be sad to see the Crown Vic P71 retire...I love my mopar...but when it comes to Police Work, I cant seem to ever get upset with Ford...what do you think?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,432 Posts

I'd rather have this!!!
:highfive: :yes:

I would be proud to be pulled over by one of those. Arrested and stuffed in the back seat even.

I just cant find any good words to say about any newer Fords.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,551 Posts

I'd rather have this!!!

I would be proud to be pulled over by one of those. Arrested and stuffed in the back seat even.

Although I think the new Ford looks nice- Funk that!!!
Mopar baby! Redesigned 2011 Charger Interceptor it is FTW.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts

hellz yes! I'd tell the cop where he can stuff his doughnut just get a ride in one of those!

Honestly, if I ever got pulled over by one I'd probably ask if I could scope it out.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts

hellz yes! I'd tell the cop where he can stuff his doughnut just get a ride in one of those!

Honestly, if I ever got pulled over by one I'd probably ask if I could scope it out.

^^^ LIARS

·
Registered
946 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd like to see what's under the hood of the ford before making a judgment. The Crown Vic is going to be hard to replace but that was an aging design...I honestly thought they'd stopped producing them for about a year since I hadn't seen a "new" one around, only to find that they just hadn't changed it.

That said, Charger FTW.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have to agree with the statement that drenlin made...I want to drive one/see one in action before I get my drawers in a hoot about how good/bad it is.

But according to (From my calculations about 80 percent of the opinions/reading material I can find online about it) the 2011 Chevy Caprice (Yea...its back) is a piece of junk! Anyone know diffrent?

Chevy will still offer the Impala PPV in 2011 as well...cant remember the last time one car corporation (under the same make name) had two of the same type of Interceptors available in the same year (for example Sedans) I dont count when Dodge had the first year Chargers and Magumns because I at least consider the Magumn a utlity/wagon/whatever vehicle.

I suppose if I was purchasing for an agency...I would not even look at the redesigned Caprice if I could still buy the Impala (Not that I personally would ever deside to purchase Chevy's for the job)

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
I would have to agree with the statement that drenlin made...I want to drive one/see one in action before I get my drawers in a hoot about how good/bad it is.

But according to (From my calculations about 80 percent of the opinions/reading material I can find online about it) the 2011 Chevy Caprice (Yea...its back) is a piece of junk! Anyone know diffrent?

Chevy will still offer the Impala PPV in 2011 as well...cant remember the last time one car corporation (under the same make name) had two of the same type of Interceptors available in the same year (for example Sedans) I dont count when Dodge had the first year Chargers and Magumns because I at least consider the Magumn a utlity/wagon/whatever vehicle.

I suppose if I was purchasing for an agency...I would not even look at the redesigned Caprice if I could still buy the Impala (Not that I personally would ever deside to purchase Chevy's for the job)
Technically speaking, the Caprice is built by Holden in Australia.
It was the Pontiac G8, but since Pontiac is no more, Chevy got the Caprice back.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am not sold on the Taurus. Never liked Ford and probably never will, but they do have alot of interesting upgrades (front seats for example) from the tired old Crown Vic. I am a Diehard Mopar fan, but Charger V8 police package is...well at least the one we got is a lemon of gigantic proportions. Gone through 3 trans rebuilds, a entire front suspension rebuild twice, and a complete new transmission which cost $7k directly from Mopar (which they ate the cost plus labor). This is within 30K miles and just under 3 years on the street.

The new Crown Vic's (2011 and the last year model) are nicer then years previous, but it still handles like a boat. The Impala's are just as bad and we got rid of it years ago as it was in the shop more then the Charger (if you can believe that).

At least the new Taurus is 263 HP, so that is a plus...and I seriously doubt many will jump to the twin turbo 3.5 w/365 HP, especially since turbo cars are a whole different ballgame when it comes to maint. and upkeep.

Just my .25 cents :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agreed...but also when it comes to application of the vehicle, looks are usually the last priority...I can see the caprice being used for parking enforcement, secutiry applications and so on...The only place I have seen Impala's in use in large quantities was with the Military and DOD Police, I suppose it works for them because pursuit's are much less likely in there world of operation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
most police depts dont like the chev because they cant fit their stuff in it the way they want....ford built theirs for the police....

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,432 Posts
I But according to (From my calculations about 80 percent of the opinions/reading material I can find online about it) the 2011 Chevy Caprice (Yea...its back) is a piece of junk! Anyone know diffrent?
Have to agree...just another rebaged restroked something else...pretty usual for GM.

This was the only real Caprice IMO:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts