DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What’s it take to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just under three seconds flat? According to Nissan, it takes exactly 530 horsepower and 448 pound-feet of torque, coupled to a sophisticated electronic all-wheel-drive system and a dual-clutch transmission.

Put more simply in actual dollars and cents, that will cost you $89,950. For those unaware, that’s the sum Nissan is asking for its updated 2012 GT-R, which recently made its live American debut at the 2010 LA Auto Show. The Japanese automaker has kindly provided a digital readout from an electronic measurement device from Digitek to silence the doubters (above). As you can clearly squint and see, the GT-R hit 60 miles per hour in 2.9 seconds and 100 kilometers per hour (62 mph) in exactly three seconds.

Your move, Corvette ZR1.

More...

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think it's more impressive that it can achieve those figures and still remain completely unattractive to me in every conceivable way. Where's the soul, the passion? I understand all the computer gadgetry appeals to some, but 90 grand seems an awful lot for a video game.

Remember when automotive design was about more than spreadsheets?

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I think it's more impressive that it can achieve those figures and still remain completely unattractive to me in every conceivable way. Where's the soul, the passion? I understand all the computer gadgetry appeals to some, but 90 grand seems an awful lot for a video game.

Remember when automotive design was about more than spreadsheets?
I will be changing that soon hopefully......

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Cobalt back end, Charger Grill and 350Z headlights, Frankinugly

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Sure, its quicker than A ZR1 and any Ferrari or Lamborghini.....but it lacks soul!

If I'm going to go that fast, I want the car to be less laptop PC and more beast. I want to feel and hear all the mechanical bits, and I want to be in control.

Sometimes its more than numbers....sometimes its just about the evil grin some cars permanently plant on your face.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts
Ghey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts